Sign in to follow this  
BlueSky

2009 NFL Season Thread

This is so dumb.

Now a 3-and-out on the next series gives the Jets the ball at the Colts 45 after the punt.

If Peyton doesn't come back in this 4th quarter, I just don't know.

He is still on the sideline with his helmet on just staring out at the field. I think Peyton wants to go back in.

Manning is out, Wayne is out, Clark is out.

If you have a shot a perfect season, I have no idea why in the hell you wouldn't go for it.

This just boggles my mind.

As a football fan I have a problem with it because it is stupid to rest guys 2 weeks out with you having a first round bye. That is too much time off and takes guys out of their rhythm, especially in a system like the Colts that depends on it. They have the bye week to rest up any small injuries. The risk of becoming rusty is greater than the risk of injury IMO.

As a Jets fan I love this as it helps out playoff chances. Still it isn't right.

Manning clearly doesn't like getting pulled here. He isn't going to pull a Favre and throw the organization under the bus but I can see him lobbying Irsay for changes if this doesn't work out in the end. Pollian and Caldwell better hope they win the Super Bowl.

Yup Peyton's helmet is off now.

The Colts' perfect season is done.

Jets up 29-14 with over 5 minutes left.

It's over

Indy's quest for 19-0: Over.

Colts' 23-game win streak: Over.

Jets' playoff hopes: Very alive!

Yup Peyton's helmet is off now.

The Colts' perfect season is done.

Jets up 29-14 with over 5 minutes left.

It's over

I really hope that this move to sideline their superstars comes back to bite them in the ass. Go Chargers and whoever faces Indy in the Divisional round

I hope Colts fans let Jim Caldwell have it for making a move like that. How stupid.

Well...at least this helps the Rams if overall strength of schedule comes up again.

LMAO! The Colts, did you not hear? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

Simple game to go 15-0, and you lose. You lose the game.

LMAO! The Colts, did you not hear? YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

I reflexively ignore all advice from Herm Edwards and you should too.

At least until somebody takes your water.

Indy's quest for 19-0: Over.

Colts' 23-game win streak: Over.

*sobbing* I'm so happy!! *sobbing*

Colts hate aside, I'm also happy because it appears the Colts, the top obstacle in the way of the Chargers, have apparently learnt nothing from the past few years.

If you remember, the one year the Colts didn't rest their starters... they won the Super Bowl.

Caldwell's a douchebag. But who am I to complain?

I guess Caldwell didn't think that a regular season finale in Buffalo and a first round bye wasn't enough rest.

It's not like the Colts had a two touchdown lead or something and the Jets came back.

It was TWO freaking points. TWO POINTS!

I can not wait to hear what Caldwell says after the game. If he isn't squarely ROASTED by the media, I will be so pissed.

I know the team won't do it. I know Peyton won't do it. Somebody needs to.

History and immortality were within your grasp (for the regular season at least) and you let it go.

Way to go, Jim Caldwell. Awesome

The four following games are scheduled for week 17 and could also be repeated on WildCard Weekend:

PHI@DAL

CIN@NYJ

GB@ARI

NE@HOU

I guess Caldwell didn't think that a regular season finale in Buffalo and a first round bye wasn't enough rest.

It's not like the Colts had a two touchdown lead or something and the Jets came back.

I can not wait to hear what Caldwell says after the game. If he isn't squarely ROASTED by the media, I will be so pissed.

History and immortality were within your grasp (for the regular season at least) and you let it go.

It was a 5 point lead, but still your point is valid.

The Jets went to Oakland 2 weeks in a row in 2001 after winning the 9/11 makeup game there on a John Hall 52 yard FG as time expired to make the playoffs and got slaughtered there the next week. I'm sure it's happened a few other times as well.

As for the Jets, next week is basically a playoff game. Gotta just keep winning at this point. Talk about a Christmas gift though...

And in typical Jets fashion they'll probably lose a heartbreaking game because that's the way it's been ever since Namath sold the franchises soul for that one win in '69...

Well, let's get the ol' Playoff Scenario picture into focus.

In the NFC, it's a near open and shut case if Dallas wins tonight as Washington. If Dallas does win, it also creates a situation where the Cowboys will host the Eagles and if Dallas wins that game, they'll win the division because of the season sweep of the Eagles. Dallas jumps into the 3rd seed to face either Green Bay or Philadelphia once again. Arizona gets the other team.

In the AFC, five teams are still alive for the two wild cards. Right now three of the teams are at 6-5 in the conference and those three are the NY Jets, Denver and Baltimore. Now, the Jets didn't face either Baltimore or Denver which means common games are introduced. For the most part, all three teams played New England and Cincinnati and Oakland. The Jets split with the Pats and beat the Raiders while they play the Bengals next week. The Broncos beat Cincinnati all the way back in week 1 and defeated the Pats in week 5, but split with the Raiders. The Ravens were swept by the Bengals and lost to New England with Oakland still to go. This means that the Broncos (3-1) are first followed by the Jets (2-1) and then the Ravens (0-3). So, the Broncos are fifth and the Jets are sixth.

Whew... That was a mouthful.

Woah woah woah.... The Jets control their own destiny? Are you f***ing serious????

Well, he had never lost a game as a head coach before; maybe he just wanted to see how it feels. I guess that makes him the second most interesting man in the world.

Woah woah woah.... The Jets control their own destiny? Are you f***ing serious????

Yes, they needed Miami, Jacksonville, and Baltimore to all lose today and they did. That combined with the Jets "win" in Indy.