2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

SeaDragon's just upset because the Seahawks continue to dwell in mediocrity. I guess that's better than blowing things up to get the team moving in a positive direction?

If dwelling in mediocrity means beating St. Louis twice a year, then I'm for it.

So what does it mean, then, that your Seahawks got beat, in Seattle, by my Buccaneers--a team that historically NEVER wins road games that late in the season, or out on the west coast at any point in the season?? ^_^

Depends on which Bucs team shows up.

If it was, say, the 2002 Bucs, then there's no issue because that was a great team.

But, since it was the 2009 Bucs, who are putrid at best, it hurts a ton. Doesn't help when your team is turnover prone, but thems the breaks.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it looks like the Saints are on the verge of becoming (probably) the first team in NFL history to back into home-field-throughout after losing two in a row. Meanwhile the Vikings may be playing themselves out of a bye, perhaps even into a first-round re-rematch with the Packers.

CCSLC signature.png

Well, it looks like the Saints are on the verge of becoming (probably) the first team in NFL history to back into home-field-throughout after losing two in a row. Meanwhile the Vikings may be playing themselves out of a bye, perhaps even into a first-round re-rematch with the Packers.

You think this game is over? We're talkin bout Brett Favre here! You can never count out the greatest egomaniaical, team cancer, drama queen of all-time!

6uXNWAo.png

You think this game is over? We're talkin bout Brett Favre here! You can never count out the greatest egomaniaical, team cancer, drama queen of all-time!

You can when Adrian Peterson puts the ball on the ground. Again.

CCSLC signature.png

"Vintage Favre" is right! ....as in another vintage late-season freefall for a Favre-led team! :lol:

Exactly. Yes, I know the Vikings weren't blown out like they were the two Sunday Night games, but this is the 2009-10 Chicago Bears we're talking about here. A team allegedly as good as the Minnesota Vikings (praise be to His Farveness) shouldn't have had any problems putting the Bears away. They lost to, really, a very bad football team. First they lose to the playoff bound but inconsistent Cardinals. Then the out of the playoffs but still explosive Panthers. Now the dead in the water no hope for the immediate future Bears. This team just isn't that good. Brett Farve isn't the player he once was, despite what he and the media believe. And his constant team hostage drama antics have worn thin. Part of me just wants to see him win one more Super Bowl so he'll go away, but a bigger part of me hopes he never does, for karma's sake.

Come on Eagles! Take that number two spot!

They go on and on about how AP's handshake will break your hand and drop you to your knees yet he can't hold on to a football to save his life. The guy's an incredible player but that was awful.

Oh by the way, Brett Favre: 26/40 (65%), 321 yds, 2 td

Oh by the way, Jay Cutler: 20/35 273 yards, 4 tds (1 pick)

ah, yes and Devin Aromashodu: 7 catches, 150 yards, 1 td

This is what happens when Cutler has protection. I didnt expect the half-backup OL from the bears tonight to stop the Williams/Allen DL of the Vikes, but well, thats why they play the game. Its nice to see what this Jay fellow can do

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It's nice to see the Bears actually play well, and they did it against a good team too. There were still signs of the horrible o-line, but they held their own for the most part. Especially Chris Williams, I was expecting Jared Allen to have a field day today. And the defensive backfield played better than a group of 2nd stringers should. Jay Cutler actually had a good game too. It's nice to watch a real football team.

The only good thing about having no draft picks is that you don't have to worry about a win hurting their positioning. And the small chance of Lovie getting fired after this season is probably gone now.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The only good thing about having no draft picks is that you don't have to worry about a win hurting their positioning. And the small chance of Lovie getting fired after this season is probably gone now.

Wait - are you saying that you want Lovie back for next season? Because he still doesn't know how or when to call a timeout.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow, thanks Bears! Not the way a team wants to end up with HFA but a great outcome nonetheless.

Now Week 17 gets more interesting for New Orleans. With nothing left to play for but perhaps momentum, do they rest the starters? Aside from the usual pro/con reasons, if you play the starters and lose, it's just that more of a downer heading into the playoffs. If you rest them and lose, well, you have an excuse (though of course you may have lost anyway with the starters).

At this point the overriding concern has to be preventing critical injuries, doesn't it?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived