2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two clear snubs in my opinion are Matt Schaub and Steve Smith (NYG)

Schaub has better numbers than Brady in almost every category. Same with Steve Smith. It looks like team records and reputation played a role in the selections.

Definitely. Steve Smith is a much better wide receiver than Tom Brady for sure. :P

But seriously, Schaub deserves it

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

All I want to see is no Eagles on the Pro Bowl roster. Thankfully, there's none this year that truly deserve it.

Except for the guy who was selected to represent the NFC at two positions. DeSean Jackson is one of the starting WR as well as the KR.

Oh, and except for the NFC's 'starting' fullback, Leonard Weaver.

Oh, and except for starting tackle, Jason Peters.

Oh, and except for kicker David Akers.

Oh, and except for reserve LB Trent Cole and CB Asante Samuel.

Haha, what a joke.

saBS.png

I'd rather see Steve Smith (NYG) then DeSean Jackson. Ever notice how DeSean disappears in the red zone? Steve Smith doesn't.

Trust me, no one would truly care if there were no Eagles on the roster. They're just not a good team. The defense is not as good as it was under Jim Johnson.

Let's face it, if the Bengals don't deserve any, then the Eagles don't.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'd rather see Steve Smith (NYG) then DeSean Jackson. Ever notice how DeSean disappears in the red zone? Steve Smith doesn't.

Trust me, no one would truly care if there were no Eagles on the roster. They're just not a good team. The defense is not as good as it was under Jim Johnson.

So you want to see Steve Smith named first followed by DeSean Jackson?

Yeah The Eagles really suck. They've only won 11 games. I'd say you're going to look pretty stupid when The Eagles make The Super Bowl Will but that would be saying that you don't already.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah The Eagles really suck. They've only won 11 games. I'd say you're going to look pretty stupid when The Eagles make The Super Bowl Will but that would be saying that you don't already.

You know darn well what I meant. And the Eagles, it should be noted, lost to the only good teams they've played this year - they haven't beaten a playoff team.

LvZYtbZ.png

You know darn well what I meant. And the Eagles, it should be noted, lost to the only good teams they've played this year - they haven't beaten a playoff team.

Use the right word next time genius. You've got more than (not then) enough problems already. You can't afford to screw up the easy stuff.

BB52Big.jpg

Two clear snubs in my opinion are Matt Schaub and Steve Smith (NYG)

Schaub has better numbers than Brady in almost every category. Same with Steve Smith. It looks like team records and reputation played a role in the selections.

The problem is that probowl voting is more of a popularity contest than a judgement of a players season, often.

I am a touch surprised that the Bengals didn't get anyone in (Ochocinco? Palmer?) whilst the Cleveland Browns got 2 guys in. (Thats not to say Thomas and Cribbs don't deserve it!) Maybe that is a sign that the voting power of the Browns fans versus the voting power of the Bengals fans. Or maybe I wasn't the only one to be a bit slow to notice what a good season the Bengals had.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Are you aware what you say and type, or do you find you just fade in and out? [/Dr. Cox]

Honestly, wm isn't too far off. They're not a really good team, at least not right now. They haven't beaten anyone any good. They have an inept coach, and an inept QB who has one or two great throws per game, and the rest of the time throws at people's feet, makes the wrong reads, or takes ridiculous sacks. IMO, they're among the worst 11-win teams that I've seen. That being said, I'm hoping they prove me wrong this Sunday and in the playoffs - but I don't have any expectations for this team.

As for the pro bowlers, Asante Samuel is a joke. He has numbers, but that doesn't show how many times he gets beat becauase he's going for a pick, and how many times he simply refuses to even attempt to tackle anyone. Trent Cole gets sacks, but couldn't tackle me if I was running the ball. Jason Peters is soft and gutless. Horrible acquisition so far. He made it based on past reputation, certainly not on this season. DeShawn Jackson is great. He does need to be better in the red zone, but at his size, that's always going to be an issue. He's a legit pro bowler. Weaver is having a good second half of the season (would be better if the coach actually believed in giving the ball to the fullback on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1) but he's still just a fullback. If Westbrook wasn't hurt, we wouldn't be talking about Weaver.

The best Eagle is Sheldon Brown. He probably deserves to be on the pro-bowl more than any of those other guys I just mentioned. He's just quiet and does his job though, so he doesn't get noticed. He plays hurt, covers well, hits as hard as anyone in the league right now, and always seems to be around the ball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not surprised that zero Bengals made the pro bowl. Well, Cedric Benson has been having a good year statistically and Chad has had a good year. But for the rest of them, this is literally the team nobody wanted, the jungle of misfit toys. ESPN said they're the first division winning team since 1970 to not have any players in the pro bowl. I can live with that being that they're in the playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honestly, wm isn't too far off. They're not a really good team, at least not right now. They haven't beaten anyone any good. They have an inept coach, and an inept QB who has one or two great throws per game, and the rest of the time throws at people's feet, makes the wrong reads, or takes ridiculous sacks.

Try living through a season of Trentyan Edzpatrick, and you'll rethink your definition of inept.

Honestly, Philadelphia has the most ungrateful fans of any city in America.

Honestly, wm isn't too far off. They're not a really good team, at least not right now. They haven't beaten anyone any good. They have an inept coach, and an inept QB who has one or two great throws per game, and the rest of the time throws at people's feet, makes the wrong reads, or takes ridiculous sacks. IMO, they're among the worst 11-win teams that I've seen. That being said, I'm hoping they prove me wrong this Sunday and in the playoffs - but I don't have any expectations for this team.

As for the pro bowlers, Asante Samuel is a joke. He has numbers, but that doesn't show how many times he gets beat becauase he's going for a pick, and how many times he simply refuses to even attempt to tackle anyone. Trent Cole gets sacks, but couldn't tackle me if I was running the ball. Jason Peters is soft and gutless. Horrible acquisition so far. He made it based on past reputation, certainly not on this season. DeShawn Jackson is great. He does need to be better in the red zone, but at his size, that's always going to be an issue. He's a legit pro bowler. Weaver is having a good second half of the season (would be better if the coach actually believed in giving the ball to the fullback on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1) but he's still just a fullback. If Westbrook wasn't hurt, we wouldn't be talking about Weaver.

The best Eagle is Sheldon Brown. He probably deserves to be on the pro-bowl more than any of those other guys I just mentioned. He's just quiet and does his job though, so he doesn't get noticed. He plays hurt, covers well, hits as hard as anyone in the league right now, and always seems to be around the ball.

Seriously, Vet? No matter the context, if you can ever find yourself making this statement, you may be in need of the services of a good mental health professional. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Reading this, you would have no clue that this 11-win team was 1 win away from winning the division & earning a first round bye. :blink:

& If McNabb is an inept QB, I can't wait to see what's worse than inept.

Seriously, Vet? No matter the context, if you can ever find yourself making this statement, you may be in need of the services of a good mental health professional. :P

It's more like "a broken clock is still right twice a day." Will is going to accidentally make sense to someone every so often. Just roll with it.

BB52Big.jpg

Honestly, wm isn't too far off.

gee... I'll have to test this new GPS unit I got for Christmas...

I saw, I came, I left.

It's more like "a broken clock is still right twice a day." Will is going to accidentally make sense to someone every so often. Just roll with it.

:censored: that :censored:. There are some things in life that I just will not accept. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Honestly, wm isn't too far off. They're not a really good team, at least not right now. They haven't beaten anyone any good. They have an inept coach, and an inept QB who has one or two great throws per game, and the rest of the time throws at people's feet, makes the wrong reads, or takes ridiculous sacks.

Try living through a season of Trentyan Edzpatrick, and you'll rethink your definition of inept.

Honestly, Philadelphia has the most ungrateful fans of any city in America.

Well judging an entire city's fan base based on my post is a little extreme, no? Anyway, keep in mind that most fans of a particular team - meaning people who attend every game, watch every road game, listen to the commentary, etc. - are always going to be more critical than people who just see occasional highlights on Sports Center, or catch a game here and there whenever they're on prime time.

I'm not sure what we should be grateful for - a team that is consistently good enough to knock on the door, but never good enough to actually open it? The fact is that they haven't proven that they can beat good teams, and McNabb has proven that he can't win big games (1-4 in NFC Championship games, including 1-3 in games they were favored in). He threw up in the Super Bowl because he can't handle pressure. The argument that "well, you could be a Lions fan" is BS - that's like saying that my broken arm shouldn't hurt because someone else has a broken leg (assuming a broken leg hurts worse - I wouldn't know.)

This team is writing a book, but we already know how it ends - McNabb throwing a pick, or throwing at the ground, or throwing up in the NFC title game at New Orleans.

I hope I'm wrong - I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I want nothing more than for these guys to step up and get over the hump, and prove that they can beat good teams, and can win it all. I've seen nothing this year to give me any hope that this will happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Reading this, you would have no clue that this 11-win team was 1 win away from winning the division & earning a first round bye. blink.gif

& If McNabb is an inept QB, I can't wait to see what's worse than inept.

Well, from 2000 until now, this is their win total:

11 (possibly 12)

and what do they have to show for it? They can beat the Lions, Bucs, Rams, etc. of the world every single week (we'll just forget about the Raiders game earlier this year), but when it counts, they get shown up. Their record for most of those years is incredibly hollow. When it doesn't count, they beat inferior teams and usually lose to good teams. When it does count, they get beaten by inferior teams and always lose to good teams.

The coach and QB have yet to show that they have any clue what to do in high-pressure situations.

The argument that "well, you could be a Lions fan" is BS - that's like saying that my broken arm shouldn't hurt because someone else has a broken leg (assuming a broken leg hurts worse - I wouldn't know.)

From this Lions fan:

No, that's like saying I don't want to hear about your broken arm because I in the same car wreck was thrown from the vehicle, breaking every bone in my body, before being run over by a steamroller. Come talk to me when your team goes 0-16 and maybe you'll find some sympathy for your "inept" QB and your "inept" coach. Until then consider yourself lucky that the team you grew up cheering for isn't a joke and STFU about "not winning the big one."

*cough*

Sorry about that. Please continue.

Archived