Hoopskid NBA concepts

Hoopskid

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the number/wordmark styles not matching, I was just talking about your latest green jersey with the wordmark going blue-white-yellow and the number going blue-green-yellow. That's all. But now that I'm looking at it, the original number font you used in the first post is far superior to anything else you have shown. I think the blockiness goes with the sharp edges of the wordmark much better than the rounded font they use now.

Alright cool, well that jersey was created based on a request, so don't worry about it :D. I'll try the Angels font, looks like it should be a good match. Thanks Philroy.

Here's an updated version.

wizards2.png

This that I've changed:

- Wizards home side panels.

- Logo above the name. I was limited because I didn't want to reuse the DC logo from the shorts, but I like how the W looks.

- Alternate was simplified and changed to black.

An issue I have is that the home is now lacking some black.

Update- better or worse?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, I missed this.

I might be inclined to use Conrad's take on the Utah script, with a Jazz script in the same style, just to start fresh. It's great to see a purple and sky concept again, but see if you can incorporate the spruce and copper in there too, for old times' sake. I like the side panels a lot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sorry if anyone is getting confused because I'm going back and forth. I don't want to title this thread as a NBA redesign, because I can't promise I'll finish, but ultimately that is the goal here.

What's everyone's take on these numbers:

**Smaller size coming, issues resizing.

I rather like those numbers but with the very large image size you are not doing yourself any favors! (Clean up some problem areas.) I'm still not sold on the lack of contrast between purple and navy but overall this is a good looking set.

Jazz concept was flawless, and now this one is almost there. The alt. needs some white in there, maybe a white stroke instead of blue for the numbers and wordmark? And I know you said you wanted to keep the home & away templates current and intact, but I think it would be a nice touch if you go with the alternate template for the home and away - to me it would look more "wizard-like".

Still like your upgrades though.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I'm still workin on the Wizards, but I also have a new concept in the works.

Rough draft of the Miami Heat.

I wanted a modern unique design for the Heat, because they currently use almost the identical uniform template as the Detroit Pistons.

I know this is a little out there, but what are your thoughts?

miami.png

I love that template you came up with, seems perfectly suited for the Heat. Honestly, anything is an improvement over their current design, but this is really good and I could see them wearing this.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

before the heat, i thought most of these concepts were pretty ho-hum, not bad, but not great either. Miami is the first one I can say i really like and would be an improvement over their current set. Awesome job on that one. Of course you do know you have to make a red one that says "MIAMI" on the chest and "HEAT" on the shorts, right? :)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Thanks guys.

Of course I know I have to..

alternate.png

Sorry for the large size guys, for some reason AI is exporting them at large sizes even though I have the images set at 300px high.

I really like that Heat concept as well.

I'd love to see the 'MH' alt logo used somewhere, but that's not a biggie.

I originally had the MH logo on the shorts, but I felt that this works better as a nod to the classic heat uniforms.

Thanks guys.

Of course I know I have to..

alternate.png

Sorry for the large size guys, for some reason AI is exporting them at large sizes even though I have the images set at 300px high.

I really like that Heat concept as well.

I'd love to see the 'MH' alt logo used somewhere, but that's not a biggie.

I originally had the MH logo on the shorts, but I felt that this works better as a nod to the classic heat uniforms.

MH logo on the butt?

I only say that cause it seems like the 'cool thing to do' now days.

[Also, the back numbers on there aren't outlined, was that interntional?]

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Next up are the Clippers.

Most people think the Clippers' current uniforms are bland and boring, and I must say that I agree. But after looking through the NBA rookie photo shoot I gotta say that I actually like the Clippers' uniforms for their simplicity and the colors are really vibrant. So, my concept doesn't stray to far from that, but a few things I have changed.

- Simpler, more modern collar.

- Side panels are still there, because the Clippers have a long history of simple falt side panel, nothing special there. However, I made them thicken out a bit, then they thin out towards the bottom of the shorts. The Clippers logo is still there and the beautiful wordmarks are aswell.

I added a stroke around the side panels to create some contrast.

Thoughts?

clippers-3.png

Archived