One Color Sleeve

dmhtfld

I was just looking through some pictures and remembered the one color sleeve jerseys that Florida, Virginia Tech, and Miami wore. I was wonder what your guys opinion on these were and if you think they should bring them back.

ncf_u_wright_275.jpg

t1_leak_getty.jpg

vick_fugly.jpg

I was just looking through some pictures and remembered the one color sleeve jerseys that Florida, Virginia Tech, and Miami wore. I was wonder what your guys opinion on these were and if you think they should bring them back.

One word is needed....STUPID.

This is the kind of thing that could maybe (maaaaaaybe) become cool if a single team stuck with it over many years (like how the Steelers only have the logo on one side of their helmets), but it's massively lame when several teams do it as a gimmick.

vick_fugly.jpg

When one Virginia Tech player took the undersleeves you see here and switched them so the arms alternated, that was the closest anyone was to making that look work... or even make sense.

As it is, it was one of the most pointless uniform designs I can think of. And Nike has had its share. But this was just weird.

I thought Florida's was the worst because there was no piping to make sense of it, but in reality, they all looked bad.

Nike knew it, too, because they never came back for any team or got adopted by its "second string" later... and they'll stick with some garbage well past its expiration date just because they "own" it.

ncf_u_wright_275.jpg

t1_leak_getty.jpg

vick_fugly.jpg

I know im gonna get bashed for this... but i love these jerseys and think they are some o the best

One word is needed....STUPID.

+1 since one word was needed.

What is your thought OP? You were the one who stated this, yet failed to offer your opinion.

i like the Virginia Tech and Miami ones but the florida one its flat out hideous

i would like to see what some other teams look like with sleeves like this

i may have to whip up a concept on photoshop because i doubt these will ever come back

Is it purely a coincidence that they were all orange sleeves? haha

Joking aside, terrible idea in the first place. Still a terrible idea.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I think I saw sample Penn State one floating around on ebay during this experiment. I would have liked to see it worn by a player with pads on as I think it would have looked interesting. VT's doesn't look that bad. Miami is ok too. Florida's is awful though. I'm surprised teams like Oregon, Boise State, Cincinnati (at the time with Nike) didn't hop on the bandwagon with this design.

I think I saw sample Penn State one floating around on ebay during this experiment. I would have liked to see it worn by a player with pads on as I think it would have looked interesting. VT's doesn't look that bad. Miami is ok too. Florida's is awful though. I'm surprised teams like Oregon, Boise State, Cincinnati (at the time with Nike) didn't hop on the bandwagon with this design.

:lol: Especially Oregon and their 60 different uniforms

I hated them, especially Florida's try. Miami and Virginia Tech sortof pull it off because their uniforms utilized modern piping design. Florida's mostly conservative uniform looked silly. I didn't like it on the football jersey and I still hate it on these

hockeykovalchuck.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I kinda liked the look on Virginia Tech. On Florida it looked terrible. I didn't really like it on Miami, but theirs actually made a little morre sense, since it matches the half and half logo.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I actually think that this is a semi cool idea, I agree that any under shirts would have to have the same different colored sleeve though. Yes this is pointless none the less. When was this 'experiment' anyway?

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

Archived