Sign in to follow this  
dmhtfld

One Color Sleeve

Florida's didn't work because they simply took a blocky chunk of the jersey and changed the color. Miami and VT look decent (IMO bordering on good) because their jersey cut creates an actual flowing separation of the sleeve area to be re-colored.

The reason behind this, was that NIKE was marketing a new style of under uniform gear in which the aesthetic was different color sleeves. The different color sleeved jerseys played on this.

i wanna say it was 07. i think it was to promote the undershirts from that season, which were asymmetrical. or at least call attention to them

Miami should've go with that design matching their Green and Orange logo, very fitting! The Virginia Tech look good with it too.. Sadly, as a huge Gators fan... That look fugly and no go on with the half-sleeve! Seriously, it would be nice go with modernism nowadays.. They hardly change anything on their uniforms.. Look at Miami they finally changed it and it didn't look too bad..

Here a better shot of the Gators one, since the QB hands were in the way, and the undershirt along with the uni... Awful....

1130634228.jpg

i wanna say it was 07. i think it was to promote the undershirts from that season, which were asymmetrical. or at least call attention to them

it was actually 2005

Some more florida pics (they should have at least put the stripes on the orange sleeve).

uf3.jpg

uf4.jpg

I think uniforms should be symmetrical, so I'm not a fan of these, though Miami and VT don't look bad.

As a side note... wow, Chris Leak... seems like everyone forgets about him.

I hated them, especially Florida's try. Miami and Virginia Tech sortof pull it off because their uniforms utilized modern piping design. Florida's mostly conservative uniform looked silly. I didn't like it on the football jersey and I still hate it on these

hockeykovalchuck.jpg

the 7 thrashers fans disagree with you.

i love the VT and Miami jerseys, Florida's doesnt work. i just love to see people do things that are different. the undershirts didnt really look good unless they were worn with these jerseys, IMO.

Haha I saw one of these this week at Buffalo Wild Wings... it was a Miami one. I actually dig the Tech ones but the other two are ugly.

Some more florida pics (they should have at least put the stripes on the orange sleeve).

uf3.jpg

uf4.jpg

Trooper-guns.jpg

Fugly. Symmetry is almost always better-looking.

I hated them, especially Florida's try. Miami and Virginia Tech sortof pull it off because their uniforms utilized modern piping design. Florida's mostly conservative uniform looked silly. I didn't like it on the football jersey and I still hate it on these

hockeykovalchuck.jpg

the 7 thrashers fans disagree with you.

I don't like the thrashers, but I quite like that jersey. I'm fairly conservative when it comes to jerseys, but I think that look works. As a design element, I think opposite sleeve colours probably works better on long sleeved sports jerseys. It just doesn't work very well on football jerseys.

It looked decent on Miami & VT just because it fit the craziness of their unis at the time. Florida looked a damn mess with that orange thing just slapped onto the sleeve.