UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

FL_jersey.jpg

So that means New York will wear black.

Heck, if those PDFs were vector files, we could make the New York style sheet in about five minutes.

Maybe it's just me, but the chest stripe/piping and numbers look much straighter/more horizontal on the actual jerseys than on the style sheets.

Double post sorry.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FL_jersey.jpg

Heck, if those PDFs were vector files, we could make the New York style sheet in about five minutes.

Maybe it's just me, but the chest stripe/piping and numbers look much straighter/more horizontal on the actual jerseys than on the style sheets.

Dang the dreaded triple post.

FL_jersey.jpg

Sorry guys, I have no clue what happened there, my computed must have jacked into skynet or something.

One thing I learned about the league yesterday is that each of the 4 original teams is able to claim former NFL players from 2 assigned divisions. The Tuskers were assigned the AFC and NFC South divisions, so any former NFL player last seen in those divisions is able to sign with Florida (thus why Michael Vick could only play for the Tuskers, if he signed there). No word on the rest of the teams.

I'm kind of excited to see this league play, since it will sort of be like my MLF. But the team identities are no good. The D-League teams eventually changed their identities, so hopefully it happens here.

I still want to try to go to the game at the trop!

If only the AAFL would start...

Now that's a jersey I'd like to wear when I'm jogging at night.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Interesting. Unless I'm missing it, there's not a trace of blue in sight on this set.

Indeed. The Sentinels' PDF is the only one not listing the blue in its Pantone swatches.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So I guess each team will only have one uniform instead of a home and away with the limited color set. The last thing this league needs is the feeling of a two- bit, fly by night organization.

According to the uniform template, they denote home and away schemes.

Yep.

Each team has home and road jerseys - the road jerseys are white with the yoke and sleeves in team colors.

WOW! this league really seems like its cutting corners here.

So they are using identical jersey templates...what's next? One designated QB for all four teams????

The guy with the best arm can be QB for all four teams. That would be hilarious!

Thank you UFL, you are quickly becoming my comic relief each day.

So they are using identical jersey templates...what's next? One designated QB for all four teams????

The guy with the best arm can be QB for all four teams. That would be hilarious!

What, you never played with an all-time quarterback in your backyard?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What, you never played with an all-time quarterback in your backyard?

HA!

I never had the arm to be the QB. I was always a wide out. So far wide out that I was basically in the next yard. LOL!

Quick full look for the lazy among us:

NY.jpg

New York's is the best one yet. Many of you know I'm a fan of lime green; and I've always thought that lime green would look great paired with black and silver, and used as more of an accent color. The Sentinels' home unis have the right proportion of each. Not so sure about the away unis-- from the front we're talking black helmet and shoulder/sleeve area, white jersey torso, and silver pants, which is one major color too many being presented.

Still not a big fan of the swoosh/stripe above the numbers, but if that uni please this neo-traditionalist, you know it must be good. :P

It is what it is.

WOW! this league really seems like its cutting corners here.

Thank you UFL, you are quickly becoming my comic relief each day.

I wouldn't say cutting corners, I'd say spending their money wisely. This is just their Premier Season, meaning it's a test to see if it's feasible. I am thinking this league will be more of a success than the XFL, and could definitely work with the NFL as a spring league if it works out.

Archived