UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

The Locos are who we thought they were!

And we let em off the hook!

Anyways, heres my two lincolns:

Uniforms=ass.

Game=better than ass.

The uniforms are atrocious, theyre all dressed by the colors of the league ,which makes every team draped in carolina blue and seahawk green.....and silver and black. And the jersey template is unsettling. Helmets turned out nice though, becuase theyre actually an individual design.

As for the league, i think it has a shot as long as it doesnt try to compete with the NFL. There were a few highlights, some very big hits and such. Whatever.......I'm gonna be a tuskers fan and i dont know why

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, evidently, what the league decided to do was make its initial four teams remind the viewer of the league, rather than trying to establish an identity for each team. This is why every team's logo was required (I'm guessing) to consist of no other colors than those found in the league's logo: Neon green, light blue, light gray, black and white. This is also why all the uniforms are identical in design (p.s.: it's an empire waist. These guys are wearing empire waist dresse--I mean, uniforms).

I can see why the league would want to do this. It's a brand new league; not many people have heard of it (because their advertising consisted of, "Hey, if the NFL doesn't reinstate Michael Vick, and he's out of jail, we might sign him!"); a casual channel-surfer might confuse the game for a high school or Div III college game... But, man oh man, this is just awful.

For one thing, I was watching the game early when LA had a third and goal. I decided to look to see if LA had any receivers open. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell, because, in the second and a half you have to scan the entire field, ALL THE DAMN UNIFORMS LOOKED THE SAME. I think the quarterback must have thought that, too, and so rather than chance an interception, he decided to keep it and score himself (and a nifty run it was).

Second (and this should be obvious), if the fans can't tell the difference between the teams, they're not likely to get attached to any of them. And I don't know what planet these guys are on, but fans follow teams (or players), not leagues. Round my parts, people don't say, "Hey, I wonder if there's an NBA match on TV", it's, "I wonder if the Lakers are playing tonight...?", or, "I wonder if the Clippers' season is over yet...?" (and the answer is always "yes").

This was a terrible move by the league, if they wanted to build a fan base. If they really just want to market themselves to the NFL, then, who knows, maybe they're succeeding, but the NFL isn't going to be buying tickets to games, or purchasing merchandise. It's sad to say, but when it comes to logos, uniforms are marketing, the XFL did a much better job--and their fail was most epic.

I seriously wonder what the heck these guys are thinking...

Found zero immediate coverage on ESPN and CNNSI = not legitimate. One pic of the action...

losman_270181gm-a.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Found zero immediate coverage on ESPN and CNNSI = not legitimate. One pic of the action...

losman_270181gm-a.jpg

Why is there a guy on the redwods wearing white when the rest of his team is wearing neon green? this picture confuses me.

Green shoulder yokes on a white uniform

losman_270181gm-a.jpg

Why is there a guy on the redwods wearing white when the rest of his team is wearing neon green? this picture confuses me.

...and the confusion that Dedalvs mentioned begins...

bSLCtu2.png

Maybe it's easier in person, but I couldn't watch the game last night for the same reason Dedalvs said. In the time it took me to figure out who was on what team, and whether it was a reception or an interception, the play was over and we were on to the next.

I can't take referees in bright red shirt seriously either. The only contrasting color on the field and it's the damn refs!

Was I the only one that could tell the difference fairly easily? Maybe it was b/c I was watching on HD...

I was watching in HD and could not tell a difference between the two teams. The best chance I had was to try and see pant color since the gray and white looked so similar. I can't imagine watching this in SD.

The refs all looked like "Sunday Tiger Woods"

Im not a fan of logo's using the letter of the team mascot. It should use the letter of the City the are from. (Im looking at you Bengal B. You should be a C)

iq5b7nF.png

I read on another (non-CCSLC) sports message board, someone commented on how bad the uniforms were in this game.

Am I correct that each team only has one uniform? (No road whites)? Or was it someone's bright idea that a silver jersey would be ok as a home uniform against a white jersey?

A few simple things could have been done to more easily differentiate these uniform sets. The easiest would have been to make California's uniforms all-green, instead of just a green yoke.

But I'm bothered most by Las Vegas' helmets. Would it be so hard to give them a blue facemask? And they'd be better off putting that ridiculous Locos word mark on the front of the helmet or not using it at all. It sure doesn't look right on the sides.

But I'm bothered most by Las Vegas' helmets. Would it be so hard to give them a blue facemask? And they'd be better off putting that ridiculous Locos word mark on the front of the helmet or not using it at all. It sure doesn't look right on the sides.

That's a good point - they could have done a really great Tusker-style thing with a cowcatcher. Not necessarily that bad logo, but a real cowcatcher.

Archived