UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

Forgot about tonight's game. Just flipped it on. Turns out this is a preview for me. I just found out I'm going to the Tuskers' "home" game against Las Vegas at Tropicana Field on Oct. 30th.

My girlfriend and I are going more for the Switchfoot concert after the game, but a little pre-concert football won't hurt. Plus, it looks like a bunch of former Buccaneers are on the team. Matt Bryant, Dexter Jackson, Michael Pittman...

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Tuskers uniforms overall. Yes, there could stand to be a few changes (like getting rid of the "FL"/swoosh thing). The Tuskers logo to me anyway) seems to be the best in the league. All the elements work well, except as 1 other person said, the helmet seems a few shades darker that the uni top. The extra "tusks" on the helmet definitely get lost in the straps, etc. But overall, I get the identity thing. Pretty unique. Only thing is the logo doesn't stand out quite well enough against the blue on the helmet. For being a restricted color palate, I'll give 'em an A-.

I've also had the chance to see the Locos uniforms a couple different times now. The all-grey tops look good against the blue of FL, but I can see how against an all-white top they would get lost. The 'locos' on the helmet logo is just goofy. It really doesn't work for me, either in concept or design. Not much else to say, really. D+

The Redwoods logo is hopeless. At least in its present form. It just looks like a group of intersecting lines. The negative space in the logo is hard to identify, and thus, so is the "R" for Redwoods. At the very least, the logo needed to be in green with white negative space, or possibly black with grey. Unis in green are fine. But then, I was an Orlando Thunder fan. I actually went to their final home game against the Barcelona Dragons. And then you have the Seahawks new lime green alternates. Just don't put all 3 in a lineup together and ask me to choose which is which without the logos. Uniform is a B, logo is an F in my opinion.

Haven't seen the Sentinels in action yet, so no comments.

To this point, FL looks like the class of the league. And Brooks Bollinger actually looks like he could be an NFL quarterback with how well he is playing. Of course, it doesn't mean anything only 1.5 games into the season.

And because I'm from FL.................gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tuskers!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Can't believe how mismatched Florida's helmet is from the jersey.

Oddly, the Memphis Maniax had the same problem. It must be something about bright shades of blue or blue-green that doesn't translate well from fabric to helmet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think it's a material thing. Plastic won't ever "match" because of it's inherent reflective properties. I always think it's a dumb critique when people complain that a teams uniforms aren't "perfectly" matched. The only ones that are would be white and black.

I wouldn't call the Redwoods logo hopeless. It just needs to be in full color. If it was maroon with green or maybe "sand" highlights, it would look great.

And I watched a bit of last night's game. I take it that we won't be seeing the white unis anymore, right? Color versus color in a four color league is the only way to have the game make any sense.

I think if you take away the ridiculous color scheme and uniform template you are left with 4 really decent logos and helmets. There's a ton of potential there.

On a side note, it looks like they will be playing these games where ever they can secure a field to play on. I was taking a look at the "home" schedule for the New York Sentinels and it looks like they will be playing their "home" games at:

Citi Field - Queens, NY

Giants Stadium - E.Ruthersford, NJ

and

Rentchler Field - East Hartford, CT???? That's over 2 hours from the city. Huh?

They must be trying to auditioning venues for future permenant homes. If not, then that's crazy to have your home games spread all over the place.

I think it's a material thing. Plastic won't ever "match" because of it's inherent reflective properties. I always think it's a dumb critique when people complain that a teams uniforms aren't "perfectly" matched. The only ones that are would be white and black.

Actually, white is one of the worst offenders. Matches very well under some conditions and poorly under others.

Miami+Dolphins+v+New+York+Jets+JYYlhq3DxZll.jpg

Actually, white is one of the worst offenders. Matches very well under some conditions and poorly under others.

Miami+Dolphins+v+New+York+Jets+JYYlhq3DxZll.jpg

I can see that. Miami (OH) used to be a bad offender because they had mother of pearl color helmets. Of course I think that was cool because I don't get wrapped up in the :match" game

Forgot about tonight's game. Just flipped it on. Turns out this is a preview for me. I just found out I'm going to the Tuskers' "home" game against Las Vegas at Tropicana Field on Oct. 30th.

My girlfriend and I are going more for the Switchfoot concert after the game, but a little pre-concert football won't hurt. Plus, it looks like a bunch of former Buccaneers are on the team. Matt Bryant, Dexter Jackson, Michael Pittman...

Lol interesting way to get people into a football match!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived