Kansas installing new Fieldturf

bri1275

for some reason I love the look of field turf. (just keep it out of sanford stadium)

Same here, our school just got it for our field and looks awesome! Even though we have lines for 4 sports, it still looks really cool (and is uber soft to play on!)

what ,mark mangino ate the old grass up?

You know he does not eat greens. It was the cheerleading squad.

And with that I give you-

mangino.jpg

he resembles a lot like J.L. McCabe from Jake and the Fat Man

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

mangino.jpg

he resembles a lot like J.L. McCabe from Jake and the Fat Man? I don't understanding this.

mangino.jpg

he resembles a lot like J.L. McCabe from Jake and the Fat Man? I don't understanding this.

Mangino is a spitting image of Robert Conrad. A actor who was around before your time and died in 1994. "Jake and teh Fat Man" was his last show, but "Cannon" was his first major TV role. Please don't ask what "spitting image" means.

mangino.jpg

Mangino is a spitting image of Robert Conrad. A actor who was around before your time and died in 1994. "Jake and teh Fat Man" was his last show, but "Cannon" was his first major TV role. Please don't ask what "spitting image" means.

Ok, I give you huge props on the "Jake and the Fatman" reference. If you look closely, you could probably see Joe Penny in the orange suit.

J/K, but you could easily tell that I watched WAY too much TV growing up by using the name on an actor from said show that no one (I would safely assume) knows or even remembers.

Now if you excuse me, I suddenly have the urge to find an old episode of "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King" online. :P

mangino.jpg

I was making a joke that went over like a lead balloon, a joke about grammar. What a terrible, terrible idea.

I was going to post about how I hate FieldTurf, but I much prefer this conversation of Mangino resembling the Orange and great mid-80s TV.

Yeah I can see turf in shared stadiums or colder climates, but it's like it's the hip new thing everywhere. Give it a few years, then people will be clamoring for grass like they were 10 years ago all over again.

For the record I hate it too.

I was going to post about how I hate FieldTurf, but I much prefer this conversation of Mangino resembling the Orange and great mid-80s TV.

Yeah I can see turf in shared stadiums or colder climates, but it's like it's the hip new thing everywhere. Give it a few years, then people will be clamoring for grass like they were 10 years ago all over again.

For the record I hate it too.

Why? What's so bad about it?

FieldTurf (and other brands) save schools money because they don't have to repair the turf after each use. This allows for more teams to use the facilities, both from the respective schools and other local teams.

I like the look of real grass better personally, but it's not cost-effective when fields need to be resodded after used during inclement weather.

When Foxboro Stadium (and later Gillette Stadium) went to grass, the high school Super Bowl games were moved elsewhere, because teams were tearing up the turf. Now that Gillette has FieldTurf, the high school games have returned.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived