Nole Rebrands the NFL

rentz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a cardinals logo update... tried to make the beak a bit less predator-esque.

cardsrd-1.png

This looks really good, too. Both your concepts are very nicely executed.

Although I do think that the outer keyline would look better in white than yellow.

I think the beak is too large for the head. I know that Cardinals beaks are large because they eat nuts and stuff like that (if your thinking realisticly) but I think that the beak is still over-sized. Otherwise it looks good, as does all your redesigns.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Here's a uniform set I've whipped up: It's certainly not finalized and I'm not sure it's the direction I want to go, but I'll post it anyway. One of the biggest changes is the move to a dark shade of maroon-red, as well as making copper a secondary color. Arizona's flag is used as a theme here as well. (Of course, I'm not sure how TV numbers are going to work but oh well.)

cards.png

All C+C is welcome.

Adding white just for the sake of adding white is completely unnecessary.

Not sure if that's really true. It may be true for black, but white always looks good on a uniform, no matter the team colors. I think some white here could go a long way, it'd make things stand out a lot more, especially the numbers and the helmet logo, which gets way lost on the helmet.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, I made the helmet red because a Cardinal's head is red. Also there is a serious lack of teams with red helmets in the NFL, and I've already taken away Buffalo's in this project. I do understand your points though. So because a couple of people wanted it, here's a version with much more white, and black basically eliminated outside the helmet logo. Not sure if I like this one better but I'll see what you guys think.

cards.png

Like the original set better, but agree some white piping around the numbers is needed to make it stand out. Maybe incorporate a little white on the helmet to make the cardinal stand out. On the roads, the second concept is better but add back in the red helmet. Also, regarding the black, I say just nix it entirely in the concept. With the gold and maroon it's just too much dark.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Dude, those are sweet! Love it! Any chance of talking you into adding the previous uni's onto this new template??

Yeah, I think I will eventually, but it may take a while as this template takes considerably longer than the blank ones. I'll try to get some up though.

• 1 month later...

After a long hiatus... we return with...

raidaz1-1.png

DA RAIDAZZZZ

I really like Oakland's logo. It's a classic. However it it does have a couple of flaws. I've never been a fan of logos with the team name, especially if it's so tiny that it isn't legible from a distance, which occurs with the raiders. I like the guy in the logo but he's wearing a leather helmet and is really a cartoon or illustration. It just doesn't work as a cohesive logo. So I've eliminated everything but the shield and crossed swords and made that the logo. The swords have been flipped because it allows me to set the hilts outside of the shield and let the focus be on the crossed swords. So in this way I think I've taken what's great aesthetically about the Raiders-- silver helmets with the iconic shield logo-- and made it more streamlined.

Not much to say about the wordmark-- this has been in the works for a while and I know the notched-letter wordmark thing is a trend now, but I think it works for the Raiders; the stark geometry of the square letters and the edginess of the cuts sort of fits the identity.

I didn't go crazy with their uniforms, as silver and black is such a strong combo that excessive details would dilute the effect, but I went with a sort of sword-motif with the striping. Pants are interchangeable; I added a set of black pants because I like how they look with the white jerseys and I think the Raiders can pull of black monochrome.

raidaz2-1.png

As always, C+C is welcome.

Also, I'm not finished with the Cardinals. Expect a final update for them soon, on this new template.

New Raiders sets is sweet...great job.

Not liking the Cardinals mock-up...colors are a bit 49ers for me.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived