Nole Rebrands the NFL

rentz

Thanks for the comments.

Quick update here-- I just tried out a couple of color schemes and would like some feedback before I post the finalized version... with regards to the too much white concerns, option one is simply the current set with a blue helmet. Option two has the classic Seahawks colors, with silver included. Option 3 has their current colors, and option 4 was inspired by davidson's suggestion to use navy and a compromised green. However I found the navy was a tad too dark for my tastes, so I lightened it up a bit, so it is basically between Seahawks Blue and Navy.

hawkso.png

All comments are appreciated! Also, if you have any suggestions for the next team I'm open, though I'm leaning towards the Jets to complete the AFC East.

I'll bite with the seahawks unis. The 2nd top is good but I think you should tweek the the blue and green to something more unique the common royal blue and kelly green. Plus try to add a white line in between the blue and green on the pants and one between the green and silver on the jerseys like in the helmet logo.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a uniform set I've whipped up: It's certainly not finalized and I'm not sure it's the direction I want to go, but I'll post it anyway. One of the biggest changes is the move to a dark shade of maroon-red, as well as making copper a secondary color. Arizona's flag is used as a theme here as well. (Of course, I'm not sure how TV numbers are going to work but oh well.)

cards.png

All C+C is welcome.

Rather Arizona Wranglersesque. (Which is good -- the Wranglers and the Michigan Panthers had the best unis in the USFL.) I would go with a copper helmet instead of the red or the white.

Packers-2.png

Another update-- I think I'm getting pretty close now. This update features davidson's wonderful new template.

kurtqb.png

This might be one of the best Cardinals concepts I've ever seen here... I still have a few suggestions though:

-Since the AZ flag was obviously the inspiration for this design, I'd replace the black with navy.

-Because the unis are very Arizona-centric on their own, I'd keep the current (recently redesigned) Cardinal head to give them something of a link to their past.

Hey guys, I've decided to update all the designs on the new template, just to give this project a bit more continuity. Some are unchanged, and some have a few updates. All just post them here in case you guys have any C+C.

Also what I've done to all the designs was give them a unique stitching pattern; this is an aspect of the design I wasn't really utilizing but now all the teams have a completely unique template.

Miami Dolphins:

miamidolphins.png

Buffalo Bills:

buffalobills.png

Pittsburgh Steelers:

pittsburghsteelers.png

Denver Broncos:

denverbroncos2.png

my Critique on each design,not saying you should change it, just giving my opinions

Dolphins-PERFECT, LOVE IT!!!

Bills-love the logo and the unis, but i dont like getting rid of the red,

Steelers-like the update to the logo, i really like the current helmet though so id take out the silver stripe and leave it with just the yellow, i really like the classic-ness of the old uniforms, they symbol success, so id just take out the silver on the sleeves and i think it'd be better, i can for sure see people liking the jerseys, i just like the current identity, not bad new ones though

Broncos-i think you should take a crack at revolutionizing that logo, maybe take the current logo, add a body to it and then put THAT in the D. i just dont like the design of their old Horse, and i dont like the smoke at all, good uniforms though, i like the orange coming back, i hate their currents

Patriots-i really like the idea of reversing the red and blue and making more like their old throwbacks, and then not a fan of the helmet, i would like to see the flag logo (the hip one) on the helmet

Seahawks-Love it, i also loved their old silver though, so maybe consider the helmet again and then pants?

Cardinals-AWESOME, looks amazing on the template, only other thing-i rather have more white, less navy, but with the flag having navy its a brilliant idea, just dont like the gold and red AND navy together

Raiders-AMAZING, love the logo perfect perfect, cant thing of anything to change on the whole concept, just like the dolphins

I LOVE all your work though, amazing stuff

Im just giving my opinions because, well you asked for it

but I cant wait to see it all, and maybe wen you get the chance use the action template, but you sir are a GOD, amazing logos dude!!!!

Wow, these uniforms are really neat and unique, but the Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, and Arizona Cardinals are the best in my opinion.

As far as any criticism goes, the only things I didn't like about the Dolphins' jerseys was that the D seemed a little too big, but otherwise, those were probably your best.

As for Buffalo, I'm just not feeling the design, perhaps because it doesn't have red in it, and because it seems too close to what the Tennessee Titans' colors are, but I do like the logo a lot as well as the wordmark.

As for Pittsburgh, eh... well... being a Steelers fan, I'm sorry, but while I'm glad you tried something different, this one is probably the weakest of your rebrands. Though, I would give most of your designs a 9 out of 10, so it's not like it's horrible. I'm just not feeling it.

As for Denver, you nailed it. I'm so sick of them claiming it's unique, but really a ripoff of the Chicago Bears' colors, and I've never liked the flaming/greased weasel logo. The only weakness in the design is the numbers, though the wordmark is good. I would've personally went with the same style, the smoothed block-numbers the Vikings' currently use.

Now for New England, it's a good design, but I wish you would've done a red alternate to pay homeage to the earlier Patriot teams and make it seem more patriotic (red, white, and blue). I agree with one of the earlier members' idea about using the NE flag instead of the current helmet design, and make it perhaps white with a red facemask.

As far as Seattle is concerned, it's perfect, don't change a thing. Though I'd love to see it on the 3d template.

Now then, Arizona, I really like this design, but while I now you changed the black to navy blue, as a tribute the state colors of Arizona, that's the only thing I didn't like. I just prefer the black to the navy blue. Though, it's probably the best rebrand you've done so far.

In terms of Oakland, I do like it, but the logo seems too vanilla, too bland. I'm just surprised with all the skills you have you couldn't design a meaner, tougher-looking pirate-head logo to complement the design. Like, New England, I do wonder how an alternate jersey or design would look for them, perhaps the black jersey with white numbers and silver trim, followed by white pants and a black stripe with silver-trim.

Otherwise, keep up the good work, I'm loving this series. Probably my favorite on these boards.

Thanks for the comments guys.

To address a few-- The Fixer, I see you've stated that I should update the Broncos "D" logo... well that is precisely what I did! :P It's a bit hard to tell because the template has the logo shrunk so much, but I did redesign the logo so that it integrated parts of both eras of logos.

I agree with you guys about Arizona... I was trying to get the Navy to work, but the problem was I couldn't find a way to balance all three colors, red gold and navy, on the uniform. The final Cardinals set will have navy being minimalized a lot in the design, as it also somewhat muddles the design with three somewhat drab colors used in conjunction.

My solution to the Broncos side panel conundrum was to make the chest-stripe things (I'm really unfamiliar with the proper terminology haha) resolve to blue piping on the sides of the jersey which then connects with the piping on the pants. I'll probably update the template to make it more obvious but if you want to see what I mean check out my original Broncos topic.

So, without further ado, I've updated the logos onto the new template. (OK, it's Museo with a gray line :P) I've been meaning to standardize this project for a while, and now I can move on to the next team.

Miami Dolphins:

miamils.png

Buffalo Bills:

buffalols.png

Pittsburgh Steelers:

stls.png

Denver Broncos:

denverls.png

New England Patriots:

nels.png

Seattle Seahawks:

hawksls.png

Arizona Cardinals:

cardsls.png

Oakland Raiders:

raidersls.png

All of these logos are original except the Seahawks logo, and the general design of the Steelers logo, though the font and colors are new.

Now, onto number nine. If you guys have any suggestions I'll consider them, as I'm not sure who to go with right now though I'm leaning towards the Rams or Titans. Or Jets. Or Chiefs. :P

Nole-On broncos logo

yeah i see it now, still just looks like a throwback though. all the other seem like real ideas for nfl teams, they look legit, this one doesnt fit in with the rest, it doesnt look like an NFL logo.

While i like your idea to bring back the D-i think that it needs to be modernized a bit. Maybe bolder. The horse is way too old compared to the amazing sleek logos of the others. here is something i just tried. I would try to take the 2ndary broncos logo, the one that looks like the horse twisting in air?, and twist the body so its looking the same way as the head and the D. and then take that and put it through the D.

here is something i just made up, Untitled-1.pngreally simple (couldnt figure out how to get the mane in there). but i would try to fit the arms and neck (after twisting) and have it going through like that. something like this, but with a D http://www.chriscreamer.com/logo.php?id=6804

edit: Untitled.png

something like that?

As a Broncos fan I've got to say your logo and color scheme are SICK... filthy, nasty sick sick goodness! The uni style is a bit more modern than my taste, but it is still a HUGE improvement over what we've got now. I love all the logos really... Dolphins jerseys look awesome, but I'm curious how something like the "sun" elements would translate to 3D. This is all awesome.. good work.

Well, I was hoping there would be a concensus favorite when I posted the options... but I got recommended to keep each scheme, so I had to make the call myself :P I went with the royal and green-- I just love the color combo, and it's basically unused. About the gunmetal blue question, I tried that but Gunmetal is a very dull metallic sort of blue and mixed with silver is just really drab and doesn't really work.

A couple of other changes in this set: fixed the wrap around, made the jersey wordmarks one color as the two tone didn't work at that really small size, and changed the pant stripes-- they are more consistent and hopefully less abrupt in ending. I made them upside-down in the first place to differentiate the stripes from Buffalo's, but they aren't really similar so it's not a big deal. Also, something that I hope the real Seahawks never attempt, a green alternate!

hawks.png

And as a little preview... here's a (very rough) Cardinals logo I'm working on.

cardsrd.png

I'm thinking about adding copper to their set... thoughts?

All C+C is welcome.

Also, I think I'm going to start using Davidson's wonderful template, though I'm still trying to figure everything out.

Tell you what... give the helmets a silver base and you got a winner!

Also, drop the copper in the Cardinals' logo.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Being from Buffalo, I'm real picky with Bills concepts. I am a big fan of their current throwbacks, but also have been a huge fan of the red helmets. With what they wear now, the navy and royal just look a mess together.

With that said, I really like your concept.

The navy and royal look great together (who knew?). I surprisingly like taking the red away and I like the navy helmet. The uniforms I like a lot. The logo is a good start, but the lightning bolt looks a little out of place. Something is just off with the buffalo. It almost looks like it is running away from you (kind of like our team for the last 10 years).

Overall though, one of the better Bills concepts out there and very original. Keep up the good work!

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

• 2 weeks later...

jetslogo.png

The New York Jets of New Jersey.

I feel like the Jets identity is the weakest in the NFL. Their logo is an oval with NY, Jets and a football in it, and it's not like it's iconic so their is really no reason for its poor design. The pinnacle of their logos, I believe, was the original during their first season, with a logo that actually included a Jet in it. This rebrand was a bit of an attempt to further integrate the team name Jets into the identity.

The logo is a commercial airliner, rather than a stealth jet or fighter plane because the team was originally named for Shea Stadium's proximity to LaGuardia Airport. You may also note that Kelly Green reclaims its rightful place as the primary color of the Jets... and black has been re-added, as well. The Wordmark is an updated version of the older one with the Jet-stripe theme.

The uniforms are quite similar to their current set, which I think is one of the best looks in the NFL. Most of the elements are similar but tweaked to be modern and convey a sense of speed and motion. The numbers are sleek and angular, which I think appropriate for a team named the Jets. The shoulders remain white with a double stripe, but now the stripe is USC-esque to work better with modern jersey cuts. The pants still have a double stripe but it widens near the bottom which sort of gives it the appearance of flight.

jetsunis.png

All C+C is appreciated.

Archived