Oklahoma City Thunder

Conrad.

Ive been working on all this for the past couple of weeks and I think its at a point to get some feedback....

Guideline_thumb.jpg

^ click on image to view full Guideline Sheet ^

All C&C appreciated...let me know what ur thinkin :)

Also, jerseys will be coming soon...as you can see from the Uni Wordmarks section of the sheet.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty nice concept awesome presentation, but here are my pros cons

cons

-it thunder not lighting (the t with the sideways bolt is quite bothersome)

-colors really dull and mute(i know thunderstorms are gloomy, but add a little more contrast)

-secondary logo (nice concept but agains its THUNDER, not lightnight)

pros

-bison

-the presentation

-wordmarks(for what you did with the lighting)

-primary

--secondary logo (love the dreamcatcher)

overall its awesome, execution of the concept is there, great to see a bison again in the thunder concept(more a stampede than actual lighting and thunder)

-personally any concept for the thunder that i see that has a lot of lighting bolts is a question mark

First off let me say that I love how you put everything together to create a solid identity. It definitely looks like you put some serious thought into this. I disagree jlentz as I think the color scheme looks nice. The buffalo is well-rendered, also I noticed the hidden lighting bolts in his hair, very clever. The secondary logo is also a very neat idea. The only thing that I would like changed is the "OKC" alternate be used as the road wordmark because "Oklahoma City" is too long IMO.

Once again, very, very solid work here. Can't wait for the unis!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Very well done!. I really like the secondary logo using the drum from the OK state flag.

I don't mind the lighting bolts since thunder is associated with lighting.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Awesome! How original! It never crossed me in my dull mind that "Thunder" could have been the sound from a stampede of buffalo! thicon_biggrin.gif

I really like how your secondary logo a looks like a "dream catcher" but I wish there was some clouds in front of the ball. And have you tried any other color besides that brown? I'm having a hard time imagining it corporated into a b-ball uniform.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Personally, I would like to see brown in place of the black, but as a deep, chocolate brown. Then maybe another color for the bison head. I have never been a fan of mixing brown and black though. Overall, nice work, but something looks a little off on the bison's nose.

I think my 5 years old nephew may update their current identity.

Are you insulting his work or stating how bad the Thunder's current identity is?

Anyway, I think it looks great C, maybe try some other color for the bison, but I imagine your going to have a blue uniform?

Lookin good, can't wait to see the uniforms.

I really love all of it, the logo set is fantastic.

I don't get what peoples gripes are about it being thunder and not lightning. When I think of thunder, lightning is right there with it, so when I see a lightning bolt I can relate that to the thunder name, it's perfectly fine with me.

My ONE gripe is the colors. I hate them, to be honest. Brown, black, and light blue isn't exactly pleasing to look at. Anything would be better.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I don't get what peoples gripes are about it being thunder and not lightning. When I think of thunder, lightning is right there with it, so when I see a lightning bolt I can relate that to the thunder name, it's perfectly fine with me.

Seriously...after all, without lightening, there would be no thunder.

I really love all of it, the logo set is fantastic.

My ONE gripe is the colors. I hate them, to be honest. Brown, black, and light blue isn't exactly pleasing to look at. Anything would be better.

thats fair, i soften my stance on thunder, but i still think people should not rush to use the lighting, but CONRAD HAS DONE AN AWESOME JOB WITH THE SET SO FAR

I really like this. But, i am on the same page as everyone else on the colors. IDK what colors you could use but i think blue is over done. The other thing that bothers me is the mouth, i think it could be done better. Right now its a bit too toony for my taste.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The overall design as well as the jaw and muscle definition on the bison reminds me a lot of the Denver Broncos logo. The jaw and the shoulder muscles are very similar. It's not really a bad thing, but it distracts me. Other than that, I love the idea of the dream-catcher logo as well as the OKC mark. But, as been stated, the colors need a change.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I think my 5 years old nephew may update their current identity.

Are you insulting his work or stating how bad the Thunder's current identity is?

Anyway, I think it looks great C, maybe try some other color for the bison, but I imagine your going to have a blue uniform?

Lookin good, can't wait to see the uniforms.

stating how bad
is
the Thunder's current identity

Anyway, the concept is ok, but I don't like either this color scheme. I would add another dull color to the brown, then using the light blue as detail color. Also, in the primary logo I would change the shape of the basketball lines and make them thicker.

Archived