Comets - Nehl Redesign Project

creativelysain

great job as usual nitro!

I like the colors around the comet/puck in the bottom logo, and I like the red outline in the top one. There's a little too much yellow in the bottom version. I really liked the yellow/orange/red combo in one of your prior versions, it seemed to look like a "pseudo-gradient" effect with actually shading it that way.

And the black makes it rock! nice touch.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll repost the "Comet Kid" on page 3 since I don't think it's getting a lot of looks on the end of page 2. Or maybe that's a telling sign :cry: If I can muster up some gumption I'll keep reworking Comet Guy (if he's worth saving) and the retro badge idea that Sy likes.

Nitro, I liked the early version without black but this latest one really pops. You youngins are killing me.

Comets2.gif

I'll repost the "Comet Kid" on page 3 since I don't think it's getting a lot of looks on the end of page 2. Or maybe that's a telling sign :cry: If I can muster up some gumption I'll keep reworking Comet Guy (if he's worth saving) and the retro badge idea that Sy likes.

Nitro, I liked the early version without black but this latest one really pops. You youngins are killing me.

Comets2.gif

While this is a great, clean design... I'm not feeling this as much as the retro badge.

You may want to try one other thing with the retro badge.... Try the red/orange/black/white color scheme on it. I think that those colors may still work with the retro feel.

Again, to ALL designers :notworthy::hockeysmiley::notworthy:

Nitro - holy cow, man... that is phenominal (not knowing how to spell it didn't stop me from using it!) Absolutely incredible. Well done. I love the red, but Webdav seemed to think the yellow would rock a jersey better. Perhaps that is a good reason to go with the yellow. I love the C and puck by themselves, too. The calling card of a great design. As Sterling said, you just went BAM! .....phoo..

Black used like magic.

Roz - i like the faced comet. The tail positioning does concern me a little like Sy said. I think what I want is for the tail to go -around- the back ground, rather than from within it. Also, perhaps the black-hole could become a C... or is that too similar? Also, the two-color face seems to look a little flat.. can you further inject the black to make his face become more 3d?

Awesome work guys.. took us till almosty page three, but now here we are with two high quality concepts. If word gets out, we will have us quite a busy design shop!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

nitro... great work on the latest versions of the logo. Given your previously stated "aversion" to black, how about rendering these with Midnight Blue replacing the Black?

rozilla... I like where the Comet Kid is heading. The face does seem a bit "flat"... it could definitely use a bit of depth. I love the retro-agressive facial expression. IMHO, you should lose the "biting of the puck". I'd remove it, but add on the hockey gloves holding a stick. The comet's tail needs to be longer and trail off further back into the distance. If you're going to keep the elipse, make it larger and put some starbursts in it ... so that it becomes a starfield that the Comet Kid is emerging from. Also, just for "$hit$ and giigles", any chance of putting the Comet Kid's face/gloves/stick on a puck-comet (honestly... sometimes I read what I've written and say, "What?" LOL)?

Brian in Boston

Man I wish I could just quit my day job and work on these concepts. Finding the time to work on these is killing me. Not finished, just throwing stuff up for feedback. Second version with hockey stick is for positioning. I don't have the energy to do gloves right now. Looks like Nitro has this one in hand anyways. It's kind of a combo of my 2 concepts.

Comets3.gif

I feel ya RO.

I am dying. No sleep. No time to even visit the IceKitties tonight.

FWIW, I like where comet boy is headed. Nitro's........is wicked cool, no doubt. But yours is coming along as a very viable option for this team as well. Dont sweat it.

Who knows, cometboy might be a nice secondary/alt to Nitros. Not really "complimentary", but teams do stranger things.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

roz,

holy evorlution! That latest Comet Boy witht he stick is freakin fantasmic! I love it! What a huge, huge difference that is.. the tail making the C? brilliant. I dig it 100%

well done.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Hmmm.. I'm just not feeling anything here. Can't shake the thought that we're still way off on these. I guess I'm still hung up on the color scheme, and that we're still using meteors to represent comets (I know, the team already is doing that anyway, but still....)

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

WOW, rozilla! That's coming along! I like the "vapor trail" forming a C, but it may be a bit too forced right now. Try something a little more "gently curving just for comparisons sake.

Also, in the first color palette, try replacing the Black with the darker Blue from your second treatment.

Or, try a palette like this: A true Orange replacing Powder Blue... Yellow-Gold replacing the Neon Lime... Red as is, darker Blue as is, White as is.

I can't wait to see this with gloves clutching that stick.

Brian in Boston

Just for the heck of it, I tried my concept in most of the other NHL teams' colors. I only ended up with about three that I like, and one of those I'm REALLY liking a lot. Here they are:

comets-thrashers.gif

comets-preds.gif

comets-oilers.gif

Now, I think the Predators colors look fantastic on this, personally, but I'd like to know what you guys think. So...? What say you?

WOW, is it ever hard tp pick a favorite form those colors. I love them all... the preds is nice with the light, and the contrast the yellow streak makes, but I love the rich Thrasher's tones as well...

holy concepts.

I disagree witht he previous post about us not being there on this one.. this may be my favorite of them all.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived