Photo Realistic Football Template

Davidson

helmet decal is WAY too big. :) like the stripe though.

and im having trouble with these steps (can anyone please help me?) :

next up, is your reflection, these give your helmet and shoulders a bit of a shine (this is incomplete at present as i will

add a reflection to the helmet in a later template). this layer you need to 'screen' over the others.

next are your highlight and lowlight layers, these give your jersey and pants some depth and a bit of texture.

they are both 'overlayed'.

highlights

lowlight

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Interested in this design. Looking for a few quick unique football themed designs for product ad being developed. This is pretty close to some of what we would like. Please provide URL, other designs, rate.... Thanks...

Regards,

L. Ross

louisross14@gmail.com

Ehh...figured I'd give it a quick test run:

SUjaguar_Photo.png

SUjaguar_Photo4.png

SUjaguar_Photo3.png

SUjaguar_Photo2.png

(And...I realized after loading these into photobucket that the pants stripe is a bit off...but what the hey.)

Wow Davidson Thanks alot for this Great Treat! I do lots of hockey and just looking at this Football Template makes me want to try it out. You got talent beyond my dreams. I should have started to post on here a long time ago i have been Submitting to Icethetics for about a year now. this place it great.

Thanks again.

MikePho3niX.png

• 4 weeks later...

fraser, your template has made it to...

THE BIG TIME

pretty rad dude...nice article as well.

Nice find, the Browns uni concept are mine that I did for kicks and posted on a Browns website. I originally didn't have any orange jersey or pants combos but got a few requests to show what they would look like.

Just Finished my First football Uni! Your Template makes it look Totally Awesome! Hope you all like it!

SharksFootballSmall.jpg

I've been lurking and this is my first response to a post. This Sharks uni is awesome! I wish I could see the back of the helmet and the road/white version. Keep up the great work!

• 1 year later...

I've begun playing around with this template and have done about 13 of these now in a short span (kind of addicting). I centered on the some of the fantasy teams that were a part of the CFA during my participation there. Here is my team from that era.

Sentinels.png

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...

Davidson can you explain this in more detail please, a little confused. I've got a pix that I would like to make into a template.

Thanks

Trey

ta cuz, i have a bit of extra time on my hands at the moment (a project at work is actually going well for a change!)

right, if you cant wait, or you want to make your own for another sport this is how you do it.

here are the layers and which transfer mode you need for each. they sit in order top to bottom as follows.

right, first off you need your template. its needs to be white ideally. this takes the most time as there is plenty

of stuff on a football uniform to paint out lots of textures to try and match. you also want it as large as possible.

around 2000 px tall. i used this image:

http://www.pendleton.usmc.mil/scout/images...2029/fball5.jpg

unfortunately, he is cropped so i had to change his feet for some others, get rid of his four and make his socks white.

once thats done, you cut out the parts of the uniform you want to be constant, arms, straps, shoes etc etc.

you cant see in this obviously, but there is an alpha layer so the rest of the template shows through. this layer remains

on normal transparency.

tempa.png

next you have your uniform, you can be rough with the sections you dont need from the section above.

this layer you flatten with black and multiply. this allows you to not be bothered about overspill on your design layers.

tempb.png

next up, is your reflection, these give your helmet and shoulders a bit of a shine (this is incomplete at present as i will

add a reflection to the helmet in a later template). this layer you need to 'screen' over the others.

tempc.png

next are your highlight and lowlight layers, these give your jersey and pants some depth and a bit of texture.

they are both 'overlayed'.

highlights

tempd.png

lowlight

tempe.png

finally is your design. as you can see, its very very simple, you just create what looks like a colour map, the other layers

do all the work for you. you dont even need to worry about your edges, the black blocks them.

tempf.png

so there you go, feel free to take a crack at some other sports if you fancy.

Archived