Houston Rockets concept, uniforms!

chestnutz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great update: you fixed out all the little details I would have changed. Beautiful job!

I like the way you work with your own style. I mean, all of your NBA logo concept start from the same point: a double circle. But you tweak them brillianty, so while you keep your "point of view" you're able to give a different and "personal" identity to each franchise.

Haha yeah I've noticed that about my basketball concepts as well. But over half of the NBA teams currently use a ball in their logo, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

Thanks all!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

look'n nice...

the ships angle still seems a bit off too me... i think the "angle" needs to be in the center of the ship, not the end...as more of an angle would be leaving a curved tail

also, on the secondary...i might try the H from the wordmark with the angle (skew). the basketball it not straight on and the straight on h seems odd.

footer_helmet.gif

look'n nice...

the ships angle still seems a bit off too me... i think the "angle" needs to be in the center of the ship, not the end...as more of an angle would be leaving a curved tail

also, on the secondary...i might try the H from the wordmark with the angle (skew). the basketball it not straight on and the straight on h seems odd.

I just thought arching it would help, but the arch would need to be asymmetrical.

Well thank you all for the C&C, here's version two. Critique and ye shall receive!

What changed:

-Now on very light gray background (to please Vet)

-Went with the gold version, people tended to like it more (as did I)

-Made the tail on the left side of the ball touch the ball, rather than being seperated (thanks to undead)

-Sharpened the wordmarks, less round now

-Sharpened the tip and bottom of the rocket

-Added full wordmark (including city name) onto the primary logo (thanks to Wasatch)

-On the secondary, I sharpened the edges, and made the rocket red, to match how it looks on the primary logo.

I'm pretty sure that covers it! I wasn't sure at all what else to do to the H secondary logo to "spice it up," so suggestions are welcome. Uniforms will probably come soon.

Great revisions, I immediately liked it better. :D

As far as spicing the Alternate H Logo, have you tried wrapping the rocket trail of smoke around it more?

On that note, I'd love to see what other concepts you've made in the past.

lovin the changes, but i feel like u need varying line thickness in the rocket "trail" to give it more speed and dimension (much like with the H logo, where it tails off) Do that, and you've got urself a nice dynamic mark.

Excellent suggestion.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Good suggestion Conrad, but I figured the tail is so long to cover up the whole ball, the variation from one point to the next would be very miniscule. I'll try it out though.

Yes, uniforms will come. If you build it, they will come.

Wasatch, just look at my past threads for other concepts ^_^

spacer.png

lovin the changes, but i feel like u need varying line thickness in the rocket "trail" to give it more speed and dimension (much like with the H logo, where it tails off) Do that, and you've got urself a nice dynamic mark.

I agree with this. On the 'H' logo, with get the feel that the rocket traveled through the 'H' instead of a rope hanging off the back of the rocket. If you do the same for the primary, we'll know that the rocket circled the ball. We all see it now but I think it will add an important graphic element for those who wouldn't be able to figure it out. The update looks excellent. Great way to take some C+C and apply it to the design.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Slight update

-Made the tail more "dynamic," making it thinner at the end. I have mixed feelings about it. I feel like it's such a long tail that it just looks...off, for some reason. Thoughts?

-Made the secondary logo H match the wordmark H.

Also included is a progression of the start to where it's at now.

rockets-logo-sheet-gold3.png

progression.png

spacer.png

Okay, thanks to 1stDown, I think I finally got this logo sheet down. He helped me figure out something I was having a bunch of problems with, and that's how to do the strokes. So, here's version 4.

-Made only one rocket tail, everything else now looks like a regular basketball.

-Made the outside stroke on the primary and secondary logos gold instead of nothing.

-Rotated the ball and rocket a bit more clockwise.

-Rocket in H logo is now the exact same perspective and tail as the primary logo rocket.

-H in the Houston wordmark is now the one from the secondary logo.

Hope you all like the changes, I think I can finally move onto uniforms.

rockets-logo-sheet-gold4-1.png

spacer.png

Really nicely done. It does look sort of like mine, but in actuality, mine was basically just a new font on the late 90s logo. Strangely enough, you did use the same font as I did :D . I like the simplicity of your set here though. The partial logo would look awesome on the neck of the jersey or on the shorts.

Really nicely done. It does look sort of like mine, but in actuality, mine was basically just a new font on the late 90s logo. Strangely enough, you did use the same font as I did :D . I like the simplicity of your set here though. The partial logo would look awesome on the neck of the jersey or on the shorts.

Ah the man speaks.

Really?! I really had no intentions of that, just a crazy coincidence. The one I used was called Featured Item.

spacer.png

Ah the man speaks.

Really?! I really had no intentions of that, just a crazy coincidence. The one I used was called Featured Item.

Yep, same font. It works well for the Rockets.

On the primary logo, where the rocket meets the "n" in Houston, it gets cut off. You might want to move the rocket out a bit from the wordmark.

It's a good concept. All that needs fixing is the alignment of the exhaust out of the ship like 1stDownCreative posted.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

rockets.jpg

threw this together.... just some thoughts i had on it.

made the rocket the same for both and tried something different for the ball seams.

sorry if you feel i'm hi-jacking.

EDIT: nevermind. Had a suggestion...but what I was going to suggest is already present in the logo if one looks hard enough.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It looks great. I think the 1stDownCreative tweak put it over the top right there. I love how you have the rocket ship on the 'H' in the road wordmark. I wonder if it would look just as good on the 'R' in the home wordmark. That way, they both match.

Archived