Houston Rockets concept, uniforms!

chestnutz

I think the rocket is a tad too big on the shorts. Also, I'd personally go with the HOUSTON wordmark without the rocket. And why did you put Yao Ming's given name on there rather than the surname like McGrady? o.O

Wade-sig.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really liking the numbers. The outline on rocket of the red shorts is bothering me a bit. Shouldn't it be a white rocket with a red outline and then a gold outline around that?

BTW- It should be Yao and not Ming on the back of the jersey. Chinese family names come first.

Edit: Beat to the correction. Also, I should have said, "Perhaps you could try..." rather than, "Shouldn't it be..." You'd have to change the stripes on the jersey to get that to work.

I love the shorts. I hate hate hate our shorts right now, and those are a major upgrade.

...and yes it's been pointed out, Ming is actually Yao's first name.

RocketsAstrosTexansArgentinaDynamo

The only thing I'm really sold on right now is the shorts [and the logos]. They are perfect.

But I'm not sure how great the jerseys would look, for a number of reasons.

First off, I think the fact that the jerseys have a continual side stripe would throw off the 'sleekness' of the jersey; they would just stop when you come to the shorts. Maybe try something that would taper off toward the shorts?

Second, I'm not sure the typography would work on the white jersey, just because they are technically white on white [with a gold highlight].

I'm not really sure what you could do to fix this problem though. I'd either go with solid red numbers and letters (with a gold outline), or red with a slightly lighter red for the highlight (also with a gold outline).

Also, do you think you could somehow make the 'R' in 'ROCKETS' the same as the 'H' in 'HOUSTON', and make a little rocket going around it?

I think of these changes are executed well, this would easily be A+ work, right now it's about a B+, in my opinion.

Great job, keep up the good work.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived