NBA to follow NFL's lead, put ads on practice jerseys

drj983

Ugh, WNBAish? Better if they put it instead on the homecourt floor or in the digital signages. Ugh, we're playing for cities, not for sponsors.

That's exactly how I feel - I always thought of jerseys/uniforms as a kind of "battle colors." You wouldn't expect an army to go into the field of battle with "Samsung Mobile" across their chests - likewise, a team shouldn't be expected to either.

Put the ads anywhere else - I know that we're going to be looking at them anyway - but it just seems like the jersey should be kept free and clear.

Dude, really? THAT'S the comparison you want to make?

More importantly, it appears he's never heard of PMCs or mercenaries. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh, WNBAish? Better if they put it instead on the homecourt floor or in the digital signages. Ugh, we're playing for cities, not for sponsors.

That's exactly how I feel - I always thought of jerseys/uniforms as a kind of "battle colors." You wouldn't expect an army to go into the field of battle with "Samsung Mobile" across their chests - likewise, a team shouldn't be expected to either.

Put the ads anywhere else - I know that we're going to be looking at them anyway - but it just seems like the jersey should be kept free and clear.

Dude, really? THAT'S the comparison you want to make?

Big CCSLC welcome to Kellen Winslow Jr.!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived