Mighty Ducks

Frenchie

Is the D-5 for the district they played in? That made the kid on the Hawks join their team?

Okay, I gotta say it. It was a dick move on Bombay's part to use a technicality to force Banks to switch teams mid-season.

It was also a dick move to start a 16 year old on a Pee Wee hockey team.

Gordon Bombay was full of tricks.

Texas.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind of intra-city pee-wee league has different arenas for every team? Arenas where the pee-wee team is the primary tennant at that?

It's Minnesota...I'd say it's pretty possible.

Most high schools and citieshave their own arenas here. That's where they shot them. So in that regard, every team (at each level) has their own (often municipal) arena. I used to be able to look at them and tell you which ones they shot at. That was 15 years and far too much living I'm afraid.

But besides a hockey team, the movie also spawned a neat initiative to build even more hockey rinks. http://www.leg.state.mn.us/LRL/Issues/Ducks.asp

FACT: Canada has secret aspirations to steal us.

FACT: The rest of the country wouldn't really notice.

ok those aren't facts, i'm just weird.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I can't imagine Minnesota being THAT much different than Wisconsin when it comes to hockey... at least as far as the abundance of rinks. Here it's rare for even a high school to have its own rink... and even then it's usually a case where it's a public rink and they happen to be the only team in the area. IIRC, the three high schools in Madison that have hockey rotate between two rinks and the two schools in Milwaukee that have it (at least the ones I know of) share a rink in the suburbs. I guess that's why it's hard for me to imagine pee wee teams each having arenas decked out with their logos and banners.

FACT: Quebec secessionists actually do make claims to Wisconsin as it was part of Quebec for 9 years prior to being absorbed into the United States.

What kind of intra-city pee-wee league has different arenas for every team? Arenas where the pee-wee team is the primary tennant at that?

Most high schools and citieshave their own arenas here. That's where they shot them. So in that regard, every team (at each level) has their own (often municipal) arena. I used to be able to look at them and tell you which ones they shot at. That was 15 years and far too much living I'm afraid.

The first Mighty Ducks movie was done at the rink my high school played at. And we shared it with one other high school. And, I suspect, other youth hockey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The first Ducks movie was shot at multiple rinks. It came out well before I moved up here, but I saw it again after I'd been here quite a few years. I recognized most of the rinks, especially Augsburg and New Hope.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The first Ducks movie was shot at multiple rinks. It came out well before I moved up here, but I saw it again after I'd been here quite a few years. I recognized most of the rinks, especially Augsburg and New Hope.

I thought it was entirely at New Hope. I stand corrected.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought it was entirely at New Hope. I stand corrected.

Yeah, some of it was definitely at Augsburg. It was weird because I just graduated from there and when I first stepped into the hockey rink, the movie came flashing back to me. It is also one of two sports claims to fame we have (Devean George!!)

But besides a hockey team, the movie also spawned a neat initiative to build even more hockey rinks. http://www.leg.state.mn.us/LRL/Issues/Ducks.asp

FACT: Canada has secret aspirations to steal us.

FACT: The rest of the country wouldn't really notice.

ok those aren't facts, i'm just weird.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I can't imagine Minnesota being THAT much different than Wisconsin when it comes to hockey... at least as far as the abundance of rinks. Here it's rare for even a high school to have its own rink... and even then it's usually a case where it's a public rink and they happen to be the only team in the area. IIRC, the three high schools in Madison that have hockey rotate between two rinks and the two schools in Milwaukee that have it (at least the ones I know of) share a rink in the suburbs. I guess that's why it's hard for me to imagine pee wee teams each having arenas decked out with their logos and banners.

FACT: Quebec secessionists actually do make claims to Wisconsin as it was part of Quebec for 9 years prior to being absorbed into the United States.

Qualifier: I don't play Hockey, haven't since I was like 10. But i've lived in both states for extensive amounts of time.

But in no way, for whatever reason, is the fervor or even talent level comparable. Its like saying Texas HS football and New Mexico HS football is comparable in my opinion. I was born in Wisconsin, grew up there, went to Middle and HS in Minnesota. There is a love for Hockey in Sconny, but its nothing like in Minny. There are of course good programs there (from Sun Prairie, usually good,) but in a grand sense, I think you're off the mark.

Literally do each teams have their own rink? No of course PEE WEE teams don't have their own indoor rink, but their cities' athletic organization does. They start traveling squads at age 8 here I think. Someone can correct me. But cities are crazy. Often times they'll have a few indoor arenas. High School AND municipal. Yet still the lower ranks have to practice outside because of lack of ice time.

No rip on Wisconsin, its hockey crazy too. Just not rabid as the people here.

Has anybody ever figured out why Disney doesn't sell replicas of the original Mighty Ducks jerseys? I'm a broke journalist but would snap one of those up in a heartbeat.

I know I'm not alone in that.

I know the aforementioned uniforms didn't appear in the movie I'm about to bring up, but....

Why the hell didn't Gunnar Stahl go blocker side?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Has anybody ever figured out why Disney doesn't sell replicas of the original Mighty Ducks jerseys? I'm a broke journalist but would snap one of those up in a heartbeat.

I definitely would too!

I know the aforementioned uniforms didn't appear in the movie I'm about to bring up, but....

because he's tricky

speaking of that movie, when has Iceland ever been a hockey power?

PvO6ZWJ.png

because he's tricky

Or had national colors of black and blue?

because he's tricky

The same time Trinidad and Tobago started sending teams.

I am amused to no end that much of this thread has turned into a debate over the actions of characters in an Emilio Estevez movie.

Amused, maybe, but I'm thrilled to see a simple trivial question turned up so much more informative facts, without some of the too frequet these days bickering and character attacks!!!

HOCKEY UNITES!!!! :hockeysmiley:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

That's an interesting question as you are correct. They do sell hockey jerseys with characters on them, my favorite was Pluto and the team name was Devil Dogs with the number K9 on it, but I think the original Mighty Ducks jersey would be a nice seller.

because he's tricky

The same time Trinidad and Tobago started sending teams.

Must have been when Ice hockey became a summer sport for the Junior Goodwill Games.

because he's tricky

A lot of people in Iceland have never heard of hockey. (Half-Icelandic, and wouldn't know how to hold a hockey stick)

20082614530.png

Archived