Mighty Ducks

Frenchie

I know the aforementioned uniforms didn't appear in the movie I'm about to bring up, but....

Why the hell didn't Gunnar Stahl go blocker side?

because he's tricky

speaking of that movie, when has Iceland ever been a hockey power?

A lot of people in Iceland have never heard of hockey. (Half-Icelandic, and wouldn't know how to hold a hockey stick)

It's funny, you can take out Iceland and replace it with America, it also works.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the aforementioned uniforms didn't appear in the movie I'm about to bring up, but....

because he's tricky

I thought it was because he's fancy.

because he's tricky

PvO6ZWJ.png

because he's tricky

Who knows? Those Icelanders and their 4 rinks. lol

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 3 weeks later...

Actually Canada was in the Junior Goodwill Games but they were in group B- see hereCanada in D2 That is why we don't see them. If anything the most unbelievable part of the movie is when Gretzky congratulates Team U.S.A. Why would a Canadian congratulate Team U.S.A. and also why couldn't they get one of the good American players to come congratulate them? Seriously, I would have rather have seen a member of the 1980 olympic team.

Actually Canada was in the Junior Goodwill Games but they were in group B- see hereCanada in D2 That is why we don't see them. If anything the most unbelievable part of the movie is when Gretzky congratulates Team U.S.A. Why would a Canadian congratulate Team U.S.A. and also why couldn't they get one of the good American players to come congratulate them? Seriously, I would have rather have seen a member of the 1980 olympic team.

I believe it was because Canada got knocked out at that point so that's why he congratulated them.

Wayne Gretzky is a friend to all.

Who knows? Those Icelanders and their 4 rinks. lol

They should've used a team from Greenland. Greenland is covered in ice, whereas Iceland is very nice.

ALTERNATE JOKE POST: I thought the Icelanders won four rinks in a row and then they've been really crappy ever since.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

because he's tricky

BTW,who stops during a penalty shot

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

Why has no one brought up the tie-dye Germany and Trinidad & Tobago uniforms of that tournament!!! I can't find a picture of the Germany ones anywhere but i remember the epic 90s-ness of them.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Fun Fact: I was in D2: The Mighty Ducks

When can we see your cameo?

1st Iceland game.

When dwayne robertson stops and says "Fulton fire it in there." If you pause it at that right moment you can see my father, Me (Sleeping) my mother and my middle sister in the stands right behind robertson's head.

spacer.png

So I saw D3 today for the first time in forever. Wow, I completely forgot how amazingly cheesy these movies were. I mean, the flashback at the end of that movie (FF to 5:33) was amazingly cheesy. I literally fell off of my couch laughing at that. Damn, these movie were SO 90s.

Did you watch it on Stars??

I know I did this afternoon!!

because he's tricky

BTW,who stops during a penalty shot

When I stop to contemplate the long and difficult history of my people, I have to admit that the moment when Goldberg gets replaced in goal by a blonde in the ultimate do-or-die situation must count as the quintessential addition of insult to injury.

Also, apparently in the 1990's a "deke" was a simple switch from forehand to backhand and back while leisurely stickhandling through the neutral zone. Live and learn.

Archived