What are the most unique nicknames in all sports

cgcrusader13

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unique means one of a kind, the only example of something. Something can't be "most unique", it either is unique or isn't.

Do you mean teams that don't share a name with anyone else, or just "weird" nicknames?

My Bad clicked on wrong button. nicknames never used by anyone else

Maryland Terrapins because no one has ever used a turtle for a mascot before. FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!

The Beloit Snappers say "Hi."

/We GET it. You're from Maryland and think the entire state is awesome.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maryland Terrapins because no one has ever used a turtle for a mascot before. FEAR THE TURTLE!!!!!

I'm just proud to be a Marylander. I live and die with my Terps, Ravens, and O's!

That's a lot of dying you do there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm just proud to be a Marylander. I live and die with my Terps, Ravens, and O's!

Marylanders do a lot of dying. I've watched The Wire.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Wild" is unique. Does not make it good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Ravens made the AFC championship game and have Joe Flacco at the reigns. The Terps football is on the rise beating Nevada in the Humanitarian bowl and would have made the ACC Championship if they would have beaten Florida State. Maryland basketball made the NCAA tournament and beat Cal. The only team I have had to die with lately have been the 12 soon to be 13 straight losing seasons Orioles.

I have to say Yuma High has a great nickname. They are the Criminals. Not too many schools would flat out call their students that. The reason why they have that name is because the state penitentiary is located there.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Archived