The Draw Brawl Competition

chestnutz

Hey all, so I've been wanting to create a competition for a long time now. Before I was going to do something similar to the Apprentice, but decided against it since in the last few competitions, there have been several non-submissions and somewhat of a lack of participation. So I've changed that idea up a bit.

This contest will be called The Draw Brawl, where sports logo and uniform design reign supreme. I've noticed in other competitions some tasks require you to make a logo for some random telephone company or a brochure for a vacation or something like that. I say nay, this is a SPORTS LOGO forum, and we're gonna focus on sports bidness in this here competition.

I've already got an idea for the first few rounds, so I'm pretty prepared.

WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT

-This will be run in a similar fashion as Logolympiad, where anyone can participate in any round, and you're not required to submit everything. At the end of each round, members will be awarded points, and at the very end of the competition the member with the most points wins the whole shabang.

-I repeat, you can participate in round 1, but that doesn't mean you have to participate in all other rounds. You can pick and choose which ones you want to participate in, and there's no limit to how many you do.

RULES

-Any member can participate.

-You must follow the guidelines for that round.

-There will be TEN ROUNDS, barring any changes or if the contest dies down for some reason, I will cut it short.

SUBMISSIONS/DEADLINES

-All submissions must be sent to the e-mail drawbrawl@aol.com

-For each round, members will be given two weeks from the date that the task (round) is posted, at 12:00 PM EST.

-You may submit your design in multiple images, but one is preferable.

-You may include a description of your design along with it.

VOTING

-Voting will last for 3 days immediately after all designs are posted.

-Any member with at least 50 posts and 3 months membership may vote.

-You may not vote for yourself.

-Each voter MUST rank their top three of the entries. A #1 will get 3 points, #2 will get 2 points, and #3 will get 1 point.

WINNING

-Once all the votes for the round are calculated, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will be awarded FOR THAT ROUND. The 1st place vote getter will get 3 points in the overall standings, 2nd place will get 2 points, and 3rd place will get 1 point.

-At the end of the 10 rounds, all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from each round will have their points added up, and the person with the most points will be crowned winner.

REWARD

-I can't offer any cash rewards, but if someone out there wants to offer some sort of prize (maybe a sports jersey, shirt, memorabilia that that they've been looking to offload) that would be great.

-Otherwise, the winner will get bragging rights and a kickass signature to boast.

-2nd and 3rd place will also get commemorative signatures.

SUGGESTIONS

-If you have a suggestion for the contest, whether it be how it's being done or if you have an idea for a later round, feel free to post it here. All feedback is welcome.

"HELPERS"

-If for some reason you don't want to participate in the whole competition or don't have the time, I could use some help holding the whole thing down. PM me if this is the case, and I will pick two members to help me run the contest, whether it be posting submissions, thinking up of ideas, or just anything really. You'll basically be a co-leader of the contest.

QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS

-If I happened to leave something out of these guidelines or you want to know something else, just post it here.

So I hope interest in this is high, I really want this to be a solid contest. My goal in this is to see some great concepts produced and for members (especially the newer ones) to improve their skill.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has this been approved by the competition committee?

I PMed WiB a long time ago, and he said I was a-ok to do a contest, but that there were others he THOUGHT might be coming up soon? Since he said that, there have been about 2 contests that HAVEN'T been approved by the committee but were still run, and today WiB told me he didn't know what was going on with the committee and that he wanted someone to take his place, so I figured the committee kind of went down the drain and wanted to post this.

If that's wrong of me, I'll gladly let this thing take the backseat and wait til someone approves it. Sorry.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

This sounds like so much fun, pretty much because everyone can participate. Unlike in other competitions where people are scrambling to grab spots before they're filled up. I'm hoping this gets approved.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I really want to say I'll participate, but I know I won't have time. I would however like to get involved in some way. I've had ideas for a few contests but never really thought about putting anything together. I would help organise things behind the scenes, come up with events and such or whatever other small things come up like reward sigs and the like.

While it's in my head though, one thing I think you should carry over from Logolympiad (if I recall) is they had a template for designs to be submitted on, so all entries were uniform and anonymous until after voting. It was just a white rectangle with the Logolympiad logo at the bottom. I think this would be a good idea so as everyone can feel confident entering regardless of their ability, post-count or reputation (or lack of) on the board.

Anyway, give me a shout on PM if you want a hand running everything, I'd love to help!

Has this been approved by the competition committee?

Really? Have you noticed the "competitions" that have gone on, whether organized or not, in the past 6 months or so? I didn't even think the Competition Committee was together anymore honestly.

Archived