The Clint Eastwoods

rentz

Right, I really like Clint Eastwood. You could say he is my favorite person ever. Many of my favorite movies are his, whether he was director or actor. So in naming my team after him, I hope that the karmic winds of the universe will shape my team to experience the glory and triumph that the man himself defined himself with.

The Clint Eastwoods hail from tiny Clint, Texas (Wikipedia). The team colors are Cornflower Blue and Brown. Here's the logo, showing Eastwood in perhaps his iconic role as the Man with No Name. The logo was based on this reference image.

eastwood-2.png

All C+C is welcome; I'll try to come up with some uniforms soon.

Incredible. You can see who it is and you added your own style to the image. How would it look with an outline? His neck and ear just melt with the white background. Also, perhaps is there a way to incorporate the wordmark with the logo instead of just placing it beneath. It would also be cool if you used the city name.

Fantastic job. You've improved a great deal since joining these boards. Keep it up.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I like the idea of naming a team after a person, it doesn't happen often. The likeness you have of Clint there is impressive it is as Undead said very accurate and it's instantly recognisable as Clint. There are a few areas that could maybe do with a little work but there is certainly no doubts about who you've drawn, so it's an excellent starting point.

However, right now it's not a logo, it's a stylised portrait. A good one but a portrait none the less. In it's current form I just dont see it working on a football helmet. The shoulders would just stop with a flat line and how would that work around the ear hole and fittings etc? You need to find some way to turn the portrait into a useable logo. I would suggest taking just the face, in a Jaguars style, or perhaps taking the face and putting it in the centre of a shape, I dunno a sherifs badge or crossed guns, I dunno I'm just kinda spitballing here. But for this to work, and make no mistake I think it could work very well it needs to progress further and become a real logo.

The logotype could do with pepping up a bit, I think it's always a shame when teams have more than one colour but people only use one of them in the logotype. Type can be just as much fun and just as creative as any vector logo we can create we just need to work harder at it sometimes and find ways to incorporate everything creatively without destroying legibility, which of course is the most important thing with a logotype.

Great start with this and look forward to seeing it progress and make it's way onto uniforms.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Dang, I was hoping for a "get off my lawn" logo :P, but this looks great anyway!

Haha, funnily enough I was watching Gran Torino yesterday. Wonderful movie-- shows that Eastwood's badassery will live on well into the 21st century.

You feel lucky with this concept? Do ya, punk?

Go ahead, make my day.

@9erssteve: You're right, it is probably too detailed to be a legitimate logo. I've tweaked it some, and added an outline, and I feel it increases it's validity as a logo but I'll try to simplify it more if you guys think I should. The only thing is, when I start to simplify it it starts to lose some of the resemblance, which is what I want from the logo, something instantly recognizable. I'll try working on that though. I like your sheriff badge idea, would definitely give it a western feel, however this identity is based on Eastwood's characters in the Dollars trilogy, where a sheriff badge wouldn't be an appropriate symbol. I've also lightened up the brown a bit in this logo.

eastwood-7.png

Here's a wordmark, hopefully it isn't as plain as the previous ones. I worked two Colt SAAs into the design. The "hooks" at the top of the E and S are supposed to also be the hammers on the revolver but I think it may not be quite evident enough so I may actually revise that, so the E is actually included in the revolver or something.

eastwoodwm-1.png

All C+C appreciated.

The two color wordmark looks real good. Good job with the outline on Mr. Eastwood. Now give us, if you please, varying line weights, not just one standard thickness all around. If you can do this, you will make our day.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

not a big fan of the colors.

And...? What colors would you like to see?

Personally, I love this combo, but I think a green may look good, too.

I think this is a winner.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The two color wordmark looks real good. Good job with the outline on Mr. Eastwood. Now give us, if you please, varying line weights, not just one standard thickness all around. If you can do this, you will make our day.

You got it. The logo now features dual revolvers.

clintp.png

(d'oh! forgot to fix the line weights on the revolvers...)

You really need to tighten/loosen up the kerning. Go letter by letter and fix the spacing between each individual letter so they look good, because right now they don't.

Here's another go at it-- does it look alright?

eastwoodwm-2.png

not a big fan of the colors.

Well the colors are one of my favorite combinations which is basically unused in athletics, light blue and brown, but they were originally based off of the Man with No Name's outfit. He wore a pale blue shirt, but the rest of his outfit was basically variations of brown. So that's where the scheme came from. If you're interested, here's some color combos that were considered as well, in something quite Warhol-esque:

warholeastwood.png

(The top right logo would make a pretty solid update to Bucco Bruce, if I do say so myself. Just put a feather in his hat and a knife in his mouth. Bucco Blondie?

That's looking really awesome now! I say keep the color combination because, as you said, it comes from the movie. It's not hard on the eyes, it's unique, and there's a thought process behind it. Great effort on the line weights and primo job on fixing the kerning on the wordmark. Just finish the outline on the guns and you're done.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

First of all,I love it. I was a big fan of the spaghetti westerns. He could have a small cigar clenched in his teeth (lips)...a small trail of smoke drifting off to the left.

I was thinking of other elements you could use.

He had a trademark poncho with a distinctive geo pattern. Maybe that could be incorporated into the unis somehow.

Great work; will be watching with much interest.

Archived