Arena Football League 2010

DustDevil61

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there isn't a Philadelphia team in it, it's dead to me.

Same for me with Tampa Bay, and by the sounds of things I have a better shot that you of having a team. Tampa Bay has at least been brought up, while Philly is pretty much dead in the water...no offense.

• 2 months later...

And the Cleveland Gladiators will return in the form of AF1 as well. It made my day yesterday.

http://www.cleveland.com/gladiators/index.ssf/2009/12/cleveland_gladiators_owner_ple.html

I think I can safely say that no one ever, in the history of the internet, has ever made this post before, nor will they ever make it again.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There could also be 2 rival leagues as I hear one of the former owners is trying to buy the name and assets of the AFL from bankruptcy court. I know there are teams such as the rampage and rush who want to play in the AFL in '11 and not the AF1 like some of the teams coming back

There could also be 2 rival leagues as I hear one of the former owners is trying to buy the name and assets of the AFL from bankruptcy court. I know there are teams such as the rampage and rush who want to play in the AFL in '11 and not the AF1 like some of the teams coming back

Nah, not gonna happen, they bought the rights to the AFL

http://www.arenafootballone.com/news/index.html?article_id=7

baltimoreravens.png

Teams such as the tampa bay storm, chicago rush and the utah blaze are coming back. no word on san jose or grand rapids.

Blaze aren't coming back - it's the Utah Thunder, formerly Utah Valley Thunder, coming in from the AIFA and playing at the E-Center. But then there's a line in the Wiki article saying the team may rebrand itself as the Blaze, so I dunno.

Strangely, there's no mention of Grand Rapids on the AF1 page, nor is there any mention of the AF1 on the Rampage's page.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Teams such as the tampa bay storm, chicago rush and the utah blaze are coming back. no word on san jose or grand rapids.

Blaze aren't coming back - it's the Utah Thunder, formerly Utah Valley Thunder, coming in from the AIFA and playing at the E-Center. But then there's a line in the Wiki article saying the team may rebrand itself as the Blaze, so I dunno.

Strangely, there's no mention of Grand Rapids on the AF1 page, nor is there any mention of the AF1 on the Rampage's page.

from what i've read on the arenaboards the blaze were coming back, you never know.

In the case of Chicago, it's really a "Fake Rush" returning. Same name and branding, but league ownership, not the same owners as the original Rush (who would like to start a "real" AFL-type league in 2011, which is probably why you don't see the likes of Grand Rapids, etc. joining up with AF1)

• 2 weeks later...

AF1 Releases Schedule

TULSA ? The League Office of Arena Football One announced today that it has released their inaugural 2010 schedule.

The 18 Week regular season kicks off Friday, April 2, 2010 with Spokane hosting Milwaukee and will wrap up Saturday, July 31, 2010. AF1 playoffs will be contested in August culminating with a Championship Game. The complete schedule accompanies this release, but note that dates and times are subject to change to accommodate AF1?s National Agreement and game of the week.

"After the tireless work of our team owners and league office staff, we are pleased to release our 2010 Season schedule,? said Commissioner Jerry Kurz. ?We ensure that Arena Football fans will get the high-level of competition and entertainment that they have grown accustomed to, expect and deserve.?

-About AF1-

Formed in 2009, the Arena Football One League boasts 15 teams from coast to coast and will commence its Inaugural Season in the Spring of 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

Arena Football One has released their Division Alignments for the 2010 season

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

South Division

Alabama

Jacksonville

Orlando

Tampa Bay

South West Division

Bossier-Shreveport

Dallas

Oklahoma City

Tulsa

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

Midwest Division

Chicago

Cleveland

Iowa

Milwaukee

West Division

Arizona

Spokane

Utah

Arena Football One has released their Division Alignments for the 2010 season

AMERICAN CONFERENCE

South Division

Alabama

Jacksonville

Orlando

Tampa Bay

South West Division

Bossier-Shreveport

Dallas

Oklahoma City

Tulsa

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

Midwest Division

Chicago

Cleveland

Iowa

Milwaukee

West Division

Arizona

Spokane

Utah

Alright! Glad to see the Orlando Predators are back!

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• 1 month later...

First cities to get a crack on expansion are Philly, Pittsburgh, Denver & somewhere in Southern California, although when I first read the article, I was like, how is this possible, then realizing that oh yeah, they bought the rights to the names, honestly, who didn't see that coming.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived