The wildest football uniforms you never saw

Spearhead

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow!!!! Can I just say that if I were a HS recruit, Oregon could not pay me enough to get me to go there and wear those monstrosities. Wow! I am guessing that the folks at NIKE are making really good use of whatever narcotics & hallucinogens they are on because no sober or sane people would design uniforms to look like that.

The team had a hand in designing them. Is that an NCAA violation? Giving a college athlete some of your hallucinogens for free to "perform" better?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I don't have a photo, but I remember reading somewhere that back in the 1920s some college football team sewed brown football-shaped patches onto their jerseys in order to confuse the opposing team as to who was actually carrying the ball.

I think that was the University of Chicago, or Yale. The referees threatened to paint the football red, IIRC.

Such shenanigans still occur. The Phillies' P from 1971 to 1992 never had the little seam inside of it because it resembled a baseball.

3002073-1.jpg

Huh. Interesting.

schmidtphoto.JPG

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here?s a black and white of the 1930 Texas Tech uniform and a color update:

1930.jpg

ttechcoloredblackjb7.jpg

Take Care

Dennis

I think those pants should be red.

And the socks should be burned.

OH!!!!

Is this thing on!!!!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

ttechcoloredblackjb7.jpg

Hide that picture from Nike they might actually re-produce those things....

Nah...you should hide it from Paul Lukas--he might end up catching a raging orgasm by looking at those socks...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ttechcoloredblackjb7.jpg

Hide that picture from Nike they might actually re-produce those things....

Nah...you should hide it from Paul Lukas--he might end up catching a raging orgasm by looking at those socks...

Serioisly now... those ARE beautiful socks.

If I can buy them at hot-topic, they arn't beautiful...

sox.png

pitt-v-colts.jpg

Steelers throwback from 1994...just ridiculous...reminds you of a socceru ni

Yeah, the first thing I thought was "wait, since when does Newcastle United have American Football?" then I recognized the logo as the city of Pittsburgh...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Nice pic!

Laughed my ass off!

-Dan

Thanks, the Nelson pic was a nice play. I've had a rough one today and needed a good laugh.

As for the wildest uni's I've ever seen. I'd give them to Colorado's current set for now. Although I kinda like their pants, the jerseys don't match with them at all, which kills it for me.

chatttrip048.jpg

MTSU, though I believe MTSC at the time, wore these beauties for the annual Thanksgiving Day game against Tennessee Tech. Wow.

chatttrip050.jpg

chatttrip049.jpg

More proof.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Please tell me this is really ugly? stripes mixing with the letter "M?"

ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

Uh oh, better get rid of that before Bucco sees it! He made a Mini-sooota concept a while back that looks just like those (only with the M higher up).

Whats also really interesting here is the color of the gold. I always thought Minnesota had that Strong Yellow color as a staple like Michigan. Here they look like Boston College or the ESU Timberwolves.

Please tell me this is really ugly? stripes mixing with the letter "M?"

ugly-unis-minnesota.jpg

Uh oh, better get rid of that before Bucco sees it! He made a Mini-sooota concept a while back that looks just like those (only with the M higher up).

Whats also really interesting here is the color of the gold. I always thought Minnesota had that Strong Yellow color as a staple like Michigan. Here they look like Boston College or the ESU Timberwolves.

The football team went metallic gold under Jim Wacker. (Although they may have done that at some earlier point too.) IIRC the previous iteration jerseys looked pretty good, but that M____M thing ruined it all.

Packers-2.png

Archived