Chargers, Bengals and Texans uniform schedule

S316

Interesting that, according to the Texans schedule, they will be wearing white at Miami for a day game. This is probably an error...a couple of years ago the Bengals schedule claimed that they would wear white at Miami too, and they didn't.

Also, it claims that they will wear dark jerseys at St. Louis. This must be one of the throwback games for the Rams.

Red monochrome is the one thing I don't like about the Texans' uniforms. It's a shame, too, as the blue-red-white combo looks really sharp as tomas said, even though I'm usually apprehensive about having different colored helmet, jersey and pants in a set.

I think the Texans have beautiful, unique shades of red and blue which look great together, but when they go monochrome they just look muddled and drab.

Interesting that, according to the Texans schedule, they will be wearing white at Miami for a day game. This is probably an error...a couple of years ago the Bengals schedule claimed that they would wear white at Miami too, and they didn't.

Also, it claims that they will wear dark jerseys at St. Louis. This must be one of the throwback games for the Rams.

It's also possible that with a new coach, the Rams now will wear white jerseys for home games. That's a typical new coach move -- change the color or pants combos from the previous regime.

I can't remember, though, if the 1999 throwbacks are supposed to be blue jerseys or white.

On the red monochrome look, I wish the Texans wouldn't wear that on their Monday night game. Last year was the first time they were on Monday night and they wore the all red against Jacksonville. Looks like they are using it again this year when they play the Titans. I'm a Texans fan and just have trouble with that all red ensemble.

The Bengals don't have the pants or socks up, but here's my best estimate based on the last few years.

vs. Denver - white jersey, white pants, orange socks

@ Green Bay - white jersey, black pants, blacks socks

vs. Pittsburgh - black jersey, white pants, black socks

@ Cleveland - white jersey, white pants, black socks

@ Baltimore - white jersey, black pants, black socks

vs. Houston - orange jersey, white pants, orange socks

vs. Chicago - black jersey, white pants, black socks

vs. Baltimore - black jersey, black pants, black socks

@ Pittsburgh - white jersey, white pants, orange socks

@ Oakland - white jersey, black pants, black socks

vs. Cleveland - orange jersey, white pants, orange socks

vs. Detroit - black jersey, white pants, black socks

@ Minnesota - white jersey, black pants, black socks

@ San Diego - white jersey, white pants, orange socks

vs. Kansas City - black jersey, black pants, black socks

@ New York Jets - white jersey, white pants, black socks

don't hold me to this, I'm Just following the team's tendencies through the years. It actually might be a fun game to try and guess a team's combo each week.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Interesting to note the Chargers are wearing the "1963 throwbacks" AND their alternate powder blues twice as well. I suppose that means every original AFL team can also do two alternate jersey games on top of the "Legacy" uniform games.

Other interesting notes:

? The Raiders will open at home in their white throwbacks vs. San Diego

? The Chargers will wear white at home well beyond their home opener

? The Chargers will only be in Navy four times this year

Broncos to wear the alternate orange jerseys twice again this year, vs. Dallas and Pittsburgh.

I checked around, and, yes, the Broncos will be wearing their alternative-home, orange jerseys for their games Oct. 4 against Dallas and Nov. 9 against Pittsburgh.

Denver Post

It also says on the Chargers site that Baltimore will wear Black jerseys in week 2. That seems a lil off considering the Ravens only wear the Black Jersey for one primetime home game at the end of the season. Especially in the heat of summer, why would they wear their Black??? I think it's a mistake.

Texans definitely need to wear the blue-blue-red combo and the blue-white-red combo. The blue-red-blue combo would be ok, but just for changing-it-up sake would I like it. I say no to their blue-red-white combo. Blue-white-white combo is decent, but they need to wear blue socks with it.

Bengals should get some orange pants to go with the white jerseys. Come to think of it, it would look real nice with the black jerseys too.

It also says on the Chargers site that Baltimore will wear Black jerseys in week 2. That seems a lil off considering the Ravens only wear the Black Jersey for one primetime home game at the end of the season. Especially in the heat of summer, why would they wear their Black??? I think it's a mistake.

Texans definitely need to wear the blue-blue-red combo and the blue-white-red combo. The blue-red-blue combo would be ok, but just for changing-it-up sake would I like it. I say no to their blue-red-white combo. Blue-white-white combo is decent, but they need to wear blue socks with it.

Bengals should get some orange pants to go with the white jerseys. Come to think of it, it would look real nice with the black jerseys too.

Please don't type in anything ever again. The Bengals are my homies, but their uniforms suck enough as it is.

Sigs are for sissies.

Please don't type in anything ever again. The Bengals are my homies, but their uniforms suck enough as it is.

I agree. Orange pants would look okay with the black jerseys and wouldn't be awful with the white jerseys, but the problem is that they wouldn't be worn with either one of those jerseys. They would no doubt wear them with the orange jerseys and it would be the worst uniform in the history of the NFL. Think about it, 30 year old millionaires in tigger football costumes. Yuck.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Matt from Jacksonville

Since you mentioned it, what are the Jaguars uniform choices this year?

Vic: The home team has the choice and for all of the Jaguars? home games, including preseason games, the Jaguars will wear teal jerseys and white pants. On the road, they will wear white jerseys and black pants for all games except one, the preseason game in Philadelphia, for which the Jaguars will wear teal jerseys and white pants because the Eagles have elected to wear white jerseys.

Texans aren't using the red jerseys and white pants combo, which looks a lot nicer than this...

week15_texans1.jpg

I think I'd like that set with the blue pants. Then, the pants would match the helmet, which i always love to see.

blue-red-blue-red

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well, as long as the bloodclot unis keep assuring victory over the Jags, I'm okay with them. Hell, I wish they only wore them against Jacksonville.

But white jersey/white pants before getting white jersey/red pants is totally bull.

Archived