2009/10 NHL Redesign

Brass

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I didn't get around to posting last night, I believe I owe three today. I'll spread them out throughout the day. So here's part one of three. Today, we're going to go with the Minnesota Wild. Here is the 2006/07 version.

The home and away versions were well received last time around, so I tried to stay close to that. The only thing that changed was the shoulder logo. I went from the first shoulder patch they had to the popular "State of Hockey" logo. The only thing that I changed was the colour of the sticks and stars in the logo. I went from brown to the cream colour that the Wild use, just to match the uniforms. As a reminder, here is what Minnesota currently uses.

The only thing that was really complained about from my last set, was the popular red jersey being discontinued. Well, I decided to bring it back, as I felt red was the obvious choice of an alternate. I was originally going to use this jersey style as the away jersey, but I just couldn't make a good away jersey to match it. I decided to use the "State of Hockey" logo on here instead of the cliche circular logo that they currently use on there.

So, without further ado, here are the Minnesota Wild!

Home

MinnesotaHome.png

Road

MinnesotaRoad.png

Third

MinnesotaThird.png

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

i like these. they look similar to what minnesota currently uses, but you made some changes that improved the set overall. one of those would be using the state of hockey patch instead of that horrid minnesota wild script.

however, the third jersey was really just taking away the current circle wild logo and replacing it with the state of hockey logo. it looks nice, but i think a little more effort could be put into changing the striping.

great job with the wild, i was anxious to see them.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

however, the third jersey was really just taking away the current circle wild logo and replacing it with the state of hockey logo. it looks nice, but i think a little more effort could be put into changing the striping.

It's probably one of the most popular jerseys in the NHL, so I would be foolish to change it drastically, beyond just the logo.

As for the part two of the day, it's the Florida Panthers. Here is the 2006/07 version.

As you can most likely tell, this is very similar to what dgnmrwrw did for his NHL Redesign. It's basically their pre-EDGE style, just sans shoulder yokes. Nothing more, nothing less. In fact, not only are the home and aways inspired by their old uniforms, so is their alternate. Beyond that, basically nothing changed. As a reminder, here is what Florida currently uses.

So, with that long, drawn-out introduction, let me introduce the Florida Panthers!

Home

FloridaHome.png

Away

FloridaRoad.png

Third

FloridaThird.png

what the hell is ccslc?

Time for the Chicago Blackhawks! Here is the 2006/07 version.

Seems the biggest gripe about the set from the last time around was the addition of yellow to the jersey striping, so gone that is. Since the Blackhawks have a near perfect set in real life, there's really not much you can change and get away with, so I decided to stick with their current striping. The biggest change is obviously the logo. I love the logo that adorned the Winter Classic uniforms, but I had wished it was updated a bit. Many, many people have had this idea before incorporating the newer head into the circle, so if you feel it's a recycled idea, then so be it. As a reminder, here is what Chicago currently uses.

The alternate was an easy choice. I didn't want to go with the Winter Classic jersey itself, because I felt something like that was meant for a special occasion and would really lose it's purpose if we saw it as an alternate. I just decided to go the conservative route and use what they currently use with my updated crest. As a reminder, here is what Chicago currently uses as their alternate.

So, here's the Chicago Blackhawks!

Home

ChicagoHome.png

Road

ChicagoRoad.png

Third

ChicagoThird.png

what the hell is ccslc?

I like the Dallas ones--good to see the green back, but even better to see someone do an Oilers concept and keep the current colours--they look so much better than the blue & orange ones.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Your Blackhawks concept isn't as good as what the Hawks currently use, but I've only seen one concept here that I think was better. I like that you changed the crest and not the striping because I think that is the place where it's easier to improve. The circcle isn't bad, I actually like it a lot. I just think that the Indian head alone is better.

I do like what you did with the Panthers. They have an excellent color scheme and you used the colors ver well. It's pretty close to the original, which is a good thing. And I think that your concept is better than anything the Panthers have ever worn. They look better without a different colored shoulder.

The Minnesota Wild is very good too. I think that their original uniforms could have been modern classics if they would have worn them longer. And your concept improves one of the problems I had with those, which was the home jersey being all green. The addition of the red to the sleeves makes a big difference. I also like the shoulder logo better, but I don't like it as the jersey crest. The main crest in the circle would be a better fit in my opinion.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates in a while, guys. Been dealin' with going back to college, as well as work. I'll try to post another concept tonight, but as for the "team everyday" concept...yeah, I'm going to have to drop that.

what the hell is ccslc?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't see this project when it first got off the ground, but I have to take somewhat of an issue with your Predators' alternate. It seems very close to one I came up with when I tried my hand at an NHL redesign....

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=64121&hl=NHL%20Extravaganza&st=20

Now I'm not saying you definitely copied me, seeing that Dixie Flyers pic could inspire the same general concept in two different people. It does seem close enough to warrant an inquiry though.

Archived