Greenville Riverhawks

pagan696

heard on the radio coming in that the Riverhawks of the NIFL (whoever they are, indoor football something or another...) had voided all contracts with the home arena, Greenville's BI-LO Center, and may play all games on the road.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

The NIFL is SO bush-league. The ownership group that oversaw the Riverhawks - as well as franchises in Waco, TX and Loveland, CO - has been ejected from the league. The last that I heard, the Colorado Vipers had outright folded after playing a single road game, the Riverhawks were exploring the possibility of playing this season as "road team", while the Waco Marshalls were the only of the three teams to have confirmed that they would play their full slate of games as scheduled... albeit under new ownership.

Brian in Boston

You know, I want so much to like this league...little guys going up against the AFL juggernaut and all that...

But the more I read about them, and the more news they make, the happier I am that they didn't bother expanding into Canada.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

man i thought the NIFL was better than the APFL which our Kansas Koyotes are in. Seems the two are more similar than i thought. The Loveland, CO franchise was ran by Garmez Parks, a fricken crook, he helped ruin the IFL team in Topeka, then the league took over the team. He also used to ruin....errr i mean run the Riverhawks and Thundercats when they were in Tennessee. How crappy is that league, they keep letting this guy come in and ruin markets.

Archived