new UT practice jersey

ONUV

Football, meet soccer. Head, meet desk.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Puke. I used to love the tasteful way Adidas did the stripes. Then they did two things that made me vomit.

• They changed their logo.
  • They started forcing teams onto their templates, instead of making templates for their teams.

Its that sort of processed, assembly line creativity that makes me want to spin kick most large apparel companies. I understand its slightly more affordable to design 15 different jerseys rather than 150, but there are creative ways you can do it. Thats why its called a 'creative' position.

A pox on them all, I say.

As long as it's only the practice jersey I'm fine with it, but Adidas' latest template they shoved on Michigan, Arkansas and Mississippi State suck. But ultimately it's up to the school to say what adidas provides.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As long as it's only the practice jersey I'm fine with it, but Adidas' latest template they shoved on Michigan, Arkansas and Mississippi State suck. But ultimately it's up to the school to say what adidas provides.

Yes, but Adidas and most other companies provide very little in the way of choice. Which is my beef.

Yes, but Adidas and most other companies provide very little in the way of choice. Which is my beef.

Only if the schools let them. They'll do any design, the school just has to demand it.

I understand branding, and I understand we're just talkin' 'bout practice, but these things really offend my aesthetic sensibilities. People can bitch about the swoosh all they want (Paul), but the three stripes have developed far more of a garish omnipresence. Watch any MLS or NBA game, and try to tell me I'm wrong. If adidas ever decides to drop the Reebok brand, I will truly weep for what will fall upon the NHL.

It amazes me to look at my NASL Chicago Sting jersey, with two stripes across the chest, and think that was an adidas design.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived