5 Aston Villa

Bottom 5

20 Portsmouth

19 Wolves

18 Hull City

17 Bolton Wanderers

16 Everton

I thought it was P :censored: h

Dangnamit you caught me swearing! I apologise to any young folks reading that post!! :rolleyes::down::P

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Quick midweek Saintsfan update-

Southampton are out of the relegation zone in League 1, slowly climbing up the table after there 10 point penalty.

Interesting action in the Carling Cup quarter finals. Manchester United beat Spurs 2-0, Aston Villa beat P :cursing: h 4-2, Manchester City beat the Arsenal youth team 3-0, and the signing of Gael Kakuta is proving very costly for Chelsea, firstly he gets them a transfer ban (suspended at the moment!) and then he misses the penalty that puts Blackburn Rovers into the semi finals of the competition. Semi final draw- Manchester City vs Manchester United, Aston Villa vs Blackburn Rovers. Ties are over 2 legs in the semi finals.

Also Everton have made the knockout stages of the Europe League. What price a merseyside final in that competition?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Southampton are out of the relegation zone in League 1, slowly climbing up the table after there 10 point penalty.

Speaking of Southampton and cup competitions no one cares about, in two weeks it's Southampton v Norwich in the League Trophy. Saints are going down! :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Speaking of Southampton and cup competitions no one cares about, in two weeks it's Southampton v Norwich in the League Trophy. Saints are going down! :P

A day out at Wembley is a day out at Wembley, up the Saints!! :winner:

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It may be the Carling Cup, but I want a trophy! CMON VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus they drew Blackburn for the semi-final. No offense to Blackburn, especially considering that they beat Villa earlier this season, but I don't think that Blackburn will be better than Villa over a 2 game leg. Plus there could be a pretty big paycheck for the Villans if they make it to the Final. And honestly, this could damn well be Villa's best chance for a trophy all season, so there's more than enough incentive to go all out to win this thing.

So yeah, CMON VILLA indeed!

***Saintsfans weekly EPL round up***

[Now with bonus League 1 (Ok Southampton) Update

Performance of the week- Man City winning 2-1 against Chelsea. (And ending a long run of draws, and ending Chelsea's long run of clean sheets).

Honourable mention-Everton coming from 2 goals down against Spurs to get a draw. Maybe things are looking up for the toffees.

The where is all the controversy over that one award- Clear handball for Manchester City in there first goal in there win against Chelsea. Hardly anyone seemed to care.

**Bonus League 1 update**

Without the 10 point penalty Southampton would now be in the playoff positions. They are now 15th with it, and climbing the table after another good away win. Leeds still clear at the top of the table, despite a draw.

***Saintsfans EPL Power Rankings***

1 Chelsea (An away defeat but still doing well)

2 Manchester United (Turned the screw on West Ham)

3 Arsenal (Even without a proper striker looked good winning)

4 Manchester City (Unbeaten in the league for a good while)

5 Tottenham Hotspur (Looked good before Everton's comeback)

------bottom 5---------------

20 P :cursing: h (good home win but Burnley had the beating of them before the goals came)

19 Wolves

18 West Ham

17 Bolton Wanderers

16 Hull City (Especially if Jimmy Bullard's injury turns out to be serious)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Tuesday's UEFA Champions League results

Atletico Madrid 0-3 FC Porto

Besiktas 1-2 CSKA Moscow

Chelsea 2-2 Apoel Nicosia

FC Zurich 1-1 AC Milan

Juventus 1-4 Bayern Munich

Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Bordeaux

Marseille 1-3 Real Madrid

Wolfsburg 1-3 Man Utd

Advanced:

Bordeaux

Bayern Munich

Man Utd

CSKA Moscow

Real Madrid

AC Milan

Chelsea

FC Porto

I saw, I came, I left.

Interesting CL stat. Apparently it was the first match night that none of the home teams won since October 2002, coincidentally the last time Michael Owen got a Champions League Hattrick, as he did again last night.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wow. They looked OUTSTANDING today. For that to be a 1-0 victory, the entire first half and the first part of the second half was about as dominant as it could be. Great work by the Villa, especially Gabby who was basically outclassing the hell out of his counterparts.

Villa are now in 3rd, and are undefeated against the "Big 4." Pretty cool.

Wow. They looked OUTSTANDING today. For that to be a 1-0 victory, the entire first half and the first part of the second half was about as dominant as it could be. Great work by the Villa, especially Gabby who was basically outclassing the hell out of his counterparts.

As a Man U supporter, I'm clearly disappointed about the loss, but I am glad to see teams like Villa and Spurs mount a serious challenge to be in the top 4 ... as long as it's at the expense of Liverpool :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I think moving Milner to central midfield and having Downing out there is the best formation for us

I think moving Milner to central midfield and having Downing out there is the best formation for us

Milner has been sensational recently, and with Downing coming back to fitness, Villa has as good a midfield, at least in attacking terms, as anyone in the league in my view. The race for top 4 places is going to be great this season. Certainly one, possibly 2 of the big 4 could well miss out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

***Saintsfans EPL Weekly roundup***

[and exclusive League 1 round up]

Performance of the week- Going for Wolves winning away at Spurs, ahead of Villa's win at Man United, and Arsenal's come from behind win at Liverpool.

The 'where did it all go wrong so quickly' award- Chelsea's defence conceded 3 goals, for the second league match in a row, after going 7 or 8 without conceding any.

Managers under pressure- Rafa Benitez still can't get Liverpool moving forward at the moment! Expect some 'fingers crossed this saves my job' signings coming in January. Gianfranco Zola at West Ham might be coming under increasing heat with the Hammers still plugging away in or near the relegation zone.

In League 1- another impressive win for the Saints. Getting into a position in the league where racing up the table won't happen for a bit, but keeping the wins coming in could have Southampton in Playoff contention soonish.

***Saintsfans EPL power rankings***

1 Chelsea (hanging on despite recent downturn in form)

2 Manchester United (still look the likeliest to take the Blues down)

3 Arsenal (Best of the rest)

4 Aston Villa (classy team get a hugely impressive win over United)

5 Manchester City (tough team to beat)

Bottom 5

20 P :cursing: h (still propping up the league, despite upturn in form)

19 Bilton Wanderers (I feel this is a team lacking a bit of leadership at the moment)

18 West Ham United (attractive to watch, especially if they are playing your team!)

17 Hull City (Lost inspirational on the pitch leader in Jimmy Bullard until the end of January, how adrift will they be by then?)

16 Wolverhampton Wanderers (improving slowly, can they make sure 3 teams finish below them?)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived