European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see that the Beckham injury being covered anywhere else. Ankle ligament tear puts him out of the world cup, and out of the game for around 6 months. Probably more of a blow to the Galaxy than England.

and so on with

***Saintsfans EPL round up***

Basking in the spring sunshine

• The big 3- (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United), title race is begining to build up very nicely. The top 3 are really a class apart at the moment.
  • Tottenham Hotspur- holding onto 4th place at the moment, coming into the stage of the year when points on the board are worth every bit as much as games in hand.
  • Everton- been one of the form teams of the year. How much they will miss Landon Donovan when he returns to LA is a question.

Cowering in the shade

• Burnley- these guys are begining to look in real trouble. Unable to do anything away from home, and now 2 dissapointing defeats at home against relegation candidates.
  • Hull City- bad time to sack a manager, but Phil Brown is out, signs of panic from a team looking vulnerable.
  • West Ham United- If there is a big team under threat from relegation this year, it could well be the Hammers. Very inconsistent at the wrong time of year!

Whats that a Saintsfan roundup without mention of P :cursing: h? Yes indeed!

And in League 1 action Southampton win against Leeds United, but are looking very unlikely for a playoff place. Still Wembley beckons on the 28th in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Mockba will be very pleased with Norwich's dominant position atop the table, the Canaries looking good for a quick return to the Championship.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Can't see that the Beckham injury being covered anywhere else. Ankle ligament tear puts him out of the world cup, and out of the game for around 6 months. Probably more of a blow to the Galaxy than England.

I feel bad for the guy, but he didn't deserve to make the World Cup squad

And in League 1 action Southampton win against Leeds United

...and everyone in football rejoices. :D

Yes, I'm quite happy with a big lead, though there are a number of tricky fixtures coming up, including home against Leeds.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I feel bad for the guy, but he didn't deserve to make the World Cup squad

I don't necessarily think he should be starting for England but England don't have an awful lot better down the right, so I think a squad place would have fair enough. He's never had good luck with the World Cup though, in terms of form and fitness etc. Its interesting to contrast Beckham, who has made most of his reputation in the Champions League and the Premiership, with say Paul Gascoigne, who made most of his reputation in the international championships (World Cup 1990, and Euro 1996). Beckham has had his moments in championships, but his defining moments have been in the red of Manchester United, mostly, or in an England shirt away from the championships.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Just a quick heads up, P :cursing: h have officially been deducted 9 points for going into administration and are now on the brink of relegation, 17 points from safety with 9 games to go. (A maximum of 27 points).

Also at the bottom of the table, Iain Dowie is the new Hull City manager.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nine is an odd figure; isn't it usually ten?

The Football League rule is 10, the Premier League rule is 9. I don't know exactly why, but it might be a reflection of the fact that the Premier League season in 8 games shorter than the Football League. Thats the only reason I can think of.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Barcelona thrashes Stuttgart at the Camp Nou 4-0 to advance into the Champions League round of 8.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Clint Dempsey scores arguably the greatest goal in the history of Fulham as they beat Juventus 4-1 (5-4 on aggregate) to advance to the Europa League quarterfinals.

It may not have been the best, but its up there as one of the most important goals anyone has scored for Fulham. Big result for West London's other team, especially a couple of days after Chelsea's defeat in the Champions' League.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Champions League draw

Olympique Lyonnais vs Girondins de Bordeaux

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

Arsenal vs Barcelona

Inter Milan vs CSKA Moscow

2 previous final repeats, and a French derby.

Semi finals

winner match 2 vs winner match 1

winner match 4 vs winner match 3

So a Manchester United vs Barcelona final still on.

The winner of the first semi final is the 'home' team in the final.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Champions League draw

Olympique Lyonnais vs Girondins de Bordeaux

Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

Arsenal vs Barcelona

Inter Milan vs CSKA Moscow

2 previous final repeats, and a French derby.

Semi finals

winner match 2 vs winner match 1

winner match 4 vs winner match 3

So a Manchester United vs Barcelona final still on.

The winner of the first semi final is the 'home' team in the final.

Wow. Some interesting matchups. The two French sides pitted against each other, and Henry against his former team.

I saw, I came, I left.

Europe League draw

Quarter finals

Fulham vs Wolfsburg

Hamburg vs Standard Liege

Valencia vs Athletico Madrid

Benfica vs Liverpool

Semi finals

Winner match 2 vs winner match 1

winner match 3 vs winner match 4

That is about as strong a Europe League/UEFA Cup quarter final line up as I can remember.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think Inter are the wild card this year. I think United and Barca are great attacking teams with less good defenses, whereas Inter are a good defensive team, who are not quite as strong attacking. If Mourinho can find a system to stop Barca (presuming they meet in the semis) and then if he can stop United, something he has something of a reputation for, then I think they could go all the way.

Problem is its not so easy to stop Messi or Rooney.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived