European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

A pair of very sore FA Cup semi final losers after the weekend. Villa had a decent penalty shout turned down, and perhaps should have seen John Terry sent off, whilst Chelsea still lead 1-0. Spurs lose a goal after a soft free kick, have a perfectly good goal disallowed, and concede a harsh penalty.

Chelsea also get a break in the league with Manchester United drawing 0-0 at Blackburn.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pair of very sore FA Cup semi final losers after the weekend. Villa had a decent penalty shout turned down, and perhaps should have seen John Terry sent off, whilst Chelsea still lead 1-0. Spurs lose a goal after a soft free kick, have a perfectly good goal disallowed, and concede a harsh penalty.

Chelsea also get a break in the league with Manchester United drawing 0-0 at Blackburn.

dont forget Fratton Park is a Championship stadium next season...that was an important part of the weekend

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

dont forget Fratton Park is a Championship stadium next season...that was an important part of the weekend

Indeed, but the shine came off that with Sunday's events!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Tottenham beats Arsenal 2-1, & they beat the Gunners in league for the first time in 11 years. Tottenham's Champions League hopes are sky high right now, while Arsenal's league title hopes are pretty much over & done with for 2010.

Spurs winning means that Aston Villa's hopes of Champions League are basically done, seeing as how they barely mustered a tie against Everton.

Another huge match on Saturday when the Manchester Derby is back on. Man U need a win to keep pace in the title race, & City need a win to keep pace in the race for 4th.

This is getting exciting, ain't it? :D

As recently seen with Tom Hicks and the dept which the HSG (Hicks Sports Group) incurred, this means little. The sale of the HSG's Texas Rangers was to be settled in January, but it has dragged on as since it appears that Hicks wants to profit from the sale. The sale may go faster with the Dallas Stars as they were under control by the NHL, but all these men are looking to still make a profit after they and their investors fail. It is flipping houses on a much larger scale.

BBVA La Liga and Bundesliga should see the issues faced in the Barclays EPL and not repeat them as FIFA and UEFA have now admitted.

My guess is that an EPL team would be easier to sell than an American Sports franchise, given the international interest. But that being said I am not so sure that Liverpool fans should be as over the moon with this news as they seem to be. Newcastle fans were pretty juiced that Mike Ashley wanted to sell the club, but that ended up with them in the Championship and still owned by Ashley, P :cursing: h fans were pretty happy that they were taken over last summer, and that hasn't exactly gone swimmingly for them, Notts County were sold last summer and again things didn't go at all to plan.

I think especially if the fail to reach the Champions League next season (which looks likely), there could yet be hard hard times ahead for Liverpool.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My guess is that an EPL team would be easier to sell than an American Sports franchise, given the international interest. But that being said I am not so sure that Liverpool fans should be as over the moon with this news as they seem to be. Newcastle fans were pretty juiced that Mike Ashley wanted to sell the club, but that ended up with them in the Championship and still owned by Ashley, P :cursing: h fans were pretty happy that they were taken over last summer, and that hasn't exactly gone swimmingly for them, Notts County were sold last summer and again things didn't go at all to plan.

I think especially if the fail to reach the Champions League next season (which looks likely), there could yet be hard hard times ahead for Liverpool.

I think they were on "hard times" two seasons ago as in terms of payroll, they were £10 million behind Arsenal, £30 million behind Manchester United and £80 million behind Chelsea. That gap has grown and ManCity will have also overtaken them, with Tottenham catching up fast. ManU has their own issues, but that is separate from Liverpool.

Monies from Dubai have gone away as they are in more serious debt than Hicks. Abu Dhabi is busy bailing out Dubai, so Indian, Indonesian, and Malaysian billionaires could be the only viable source for a quick sale without going public.

Hicks is delaying the MLB sale as he is personally not getting enough money from the sale and is arguing with the banks and others lenders. That is what is in store for Liverpool.

Another big day yesterday in the EPL. Manchester United get a win in the Derby with a last minute goal from Paul Scholes. Spurs then beat Chelsea, United within a point of Chelsea now. Spurs beat Arsenal then Chelsea with in the space of 4 days, and are now in 4th spot. The match up between Spurs and Man City in a couple of weeks now looking crucial for the final Champions League spot.

At the bottom its looking grim for Burnley, after they lost at Sunderland. Hull got a draw away at Birmingham City to stay within 3 of West Ham.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

FC Basel of the Swiss Super League is on a tear this week, beating hated rivals Zurich on sunday, coming from behind to defeat St. Gallen on wednesday, and thrashing Lucerne 5-0 on sunday. I was at the game on sunday, and FCB was in control the whole time. I feel like they could take the league as long as they can pick up the crucial 3 points against Grasshoppers, and close out the season with a win against Bellinzona. I think the last game of the season may be one of the only times that Basel fans will be pulling for Zurich, as they take on second-place Young Boys. OLÉ SUPER FCB!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Big win for Chelsea over Stoke toady (7-0). Chelsea look very good for the title about now, but theb again every time I have thought or said that this season, they have done something a bit stupid. Manchester United are now officially the only other team that can take the EPL this season now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

FC Basel of the Swiss Super League is on a tear this week, beating hated rivals Zurich on sunday, coming from behind to defeat St. Gallen on wednesday, and thrashing Lucerne 5-0 on sunday. I was at the game on sunday, and FCB was in control the whole time. I feel like they could take the league as long as they can pick up the crucial 3 points against Grasshoppers, and close out the season with a win against Bellinzona. I think the last game of the season may be one of the only times that Basel fans will be pulling for Zurich, as they take on second-place Young Boys. OLÉ SUPER FCB!

...But FC Basel got destroyed today by Grasshoppers 4-0, sorry man.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

rageguy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

rageguy.jpg

My sympathies

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Bayern Munich are the first team to qualify for this years Champions League Final. If Inter Milan can defend a 3-1 lead over Barcelona tomorrow night, thats who the Germans will play.

Now picture that CL final with a fourth Champions League spot on the line.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived