European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich for the Champions League Title on May 22nd in Madrid.

Who would of thunk it??!!!

EDIT: 100th Post!!! (bow)

I'll be pulling for Bayern. They already got revenge for their '99 Final collapse by beating Man U (and sonning them in Old Trafford as well), now they can officially avenge their epic failure in 1999 by winning the whole thing. Plus, it'll be cool to have a team from the Bundesliga win it all. It'll definitely put a lot more spotlight on a league that deserves it.

However...Inter have been playing some great football, lately. The fact that they were able to keep Barcelona from exploding on offense like they normally do was impressive. I think a whole lot of people were expecting Barcelona to come home, turn the switch on, and march right on into Madrid. But nope. Inter put the clamp down on them, and now they deservedly advance to the Final.

Busquets sucks, by the way.

Nice to see some new blood in the CL Final, though I do expect Bayern to win.

Hopefully Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben have good games to complete their wonderful Champions League it would be nice to see it carry over to the World Cup if van Persie isn't quite 100%

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich for the Champions League Title on May 22nd in Madrid.

Who would of thunk it??!!!

EDIT: 100th Post!!! (bow)

I'll be pulling for Bayern. They already got revenge for their '99 Final collapse by beating Man U (and sonning them in Old Trafford as well), now they can officially avenge their epic failure in 1999 by winning the whole thing. Plus, it'll be cool to have a team from the Bundesliga win it all. It'll definitely put a lot more spotlight on a league that deserves it.

However...Inter have been playing some great football, lately. The fact that they were able to keep Barcelona from exploding on offense like they normally do was impressive. I think a whole lot of people were expecting Barcelona to come home, turn the switch on, and march right on into Madrid. But nope. Inter put the clamp down on them, and now they deservedly advance to the Final.

Busquets sucks, by the way.

Hey, Bayern München already got revenge beating Man Utd in both 2001 quaterfinals matches. And went to win the European and the Intercontinental Cups that year.

My prediction? This will be a very even final... because Inter has a solid defense and the Bavarians will bet on their offensive.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

My predictions:

Ribery's 3 match ban rescinded.

Inter (H) 2-2

Inter (A) 1-2

Bayern lifts the trophy.

It's a one-game final though. If Ribery's ban is not rescinded, then he misses the final and the first Champions League game next year.

LvZYtbZ.png

And for the Europa League Final it will be Atletico de Madrid vs Fulham in HSH Nordbank Arena in Hamburg on May 12th.

As Fulham won 2-1 over Hamburg on aggregate and Atletico drew Liverpool 2-2 on aggregate but advanced on away goals

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

It is a bit weird that goals in extra time count as away goals. But that's the rule, and that means that... and say it out loud to yourself, in case you don't believe it on your first few readings...

Fulham is the last remaining English team in European competitions this season.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It is a bit weird that goals in extra time count as away goals. But that's the rule, and that means that... and say it out loud to yourself, in case you don't believe it on your first few readings...

Fulham is the last remaining English team in European competitions this season.

... and their opponents, Atletico Madrid is the last remaining Spanish team remaining... whichever team wins, they can at least show off their trophy to their rivals across town. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Bayern may have just locked up the Bundesliga title.

That, plus the fact that they are in the DFB-Pokal Final & the UEFA CL Final means that they have a shot at pulling off the Treble. So yeah, I'm definitely pulling for Bayern to do that.

Also, Man City beat Villa 3-1 in a crucial game. City's 4th place hopes continue to improve, while Villa's are basically all but gone.

Villa's are basically all but gone.

They're aren't all bu gone, they are gone. Doesn't matter what happens when City and Spurs play each other, at the end we will be at least 4 points back(so I guess we root for a meteor to hit COM Stadium?)

One team that will be heavily pulling for Fulham in the Europa League final will be...Burnley.

Then there is an extra Europa League place available to the countries who finish in the top three of UEFA's Fair Play League at the end of the season. When the rankings were last released in January, England were third. The final table will be revealed in mid-May.

A nd this is where it gets interesting for Burnley supporters. If the rankings stay as they are, the Premier League's Fair Play table will finish with the Turf Moor club in sixth, below Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham, Manchester United and Chelsea.

If Fulham win this season's Europa League, and so qualify as holders, and with the other four in Europe thanks to their League positions, Burnley would claim the last spot!

So yeah, to repeat, if Fulham wins the Europa League, Burnley will go to Europe. Unbelievable.

Bayern may have just locked up the Bundesliga title.

That, plus the fact that they are in the DFB-Pokal Final & the UEFA CL Final means that they have a shot at pulling off the Treble. So yeah, I'm definitely pulling for Bayern to do that.

Also, Man City beat Villa 3-1 in a crucial game. City's 4th place hopes continue to improve, while Villa's are basically all but gone.

You know, we might see a case where the Treble is guaranteed, as Inter has a shot at it too.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived