European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

Yeah, because this season sure proved if any team needed another star it was Barca.

Galacticos didn't work out when Real tried, what makes the FCB think they can do it?

In all fairness one area that Barca needed some help with was a striker. Real Madrid always seemed to take a pretty scattergun approach to signing 'galacticos', whereas Barcelona seem more sensible in addressing its teams needs.

Did this transfer have to be made since Valencia is in such extreme debt and the new stadium is sitting there unfinished?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, because this season sure proved if any team needed another star it was Barca.

Galacticos didn't work out when Real tried, what makes the FCB think they can do it?

In all fairness one area that Barca needed some help with was a striker. Real Madrid always seemed to take a pretty scattergun approach to signing 'galacticos', whereas Barcelona seem more sensible in addressing its teams needs.

Did this transfer have to be made since Valencia is in such extreme debt and the new stadium is sitting there unfinished?

Yes, they openly admitted that the transfer money was for the new stadium.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hope everyone didn't forget about the Champions League Final.

My Prediction: 1-1, Bayern wins 5-3 in penalties

Goalscorers: Milito 56', Robben 73'

I like that Nike commercial, Rooney with the beard was awesome, Kobe making a cameo and Ronal-D'OH!

Hmmm... a football panel with Curt Menefee without Terry, Howie, Michael and Jimmy?

I saw, I came, I left.

Blackpool is in the Premier League!

First time in the 39 years that they'll be in the Top Division also I just checked the Championship standings, Blackpool was the last team in to the Promotion Playoffs and were only 1 point up on Swansea City. So just like Burnley last year the 5th or 6th place team in the Championship qualify for the Premier League the following season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Also cool considering that Blackpool, in terms of stand size, will be the smallest club to ever compete in the Premier League. This is a team that had a $500,000 transfer & they considered it record-breaking. Now they're going to make 90M pounds just by being in the Premier League, most of which is going to go towards renovating Bloomfield Road. I think it's cool that teams like Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, & Liverpool will all have to go to Bloomfield Road. I think I said earlier in the thread that the only place that I imagined that happening would've been in the FIFA video games. Now it's really happening.

If you have a chance, go to ESPN 3 & watch the replay. If you missed the ridiculously exciting Playoff Semifinals, then you'll be able to catch an equally exciting Playoff Final. Seriously, it was a pretty crazy game (or half.) Blackpool play a very aggressive, attacking style but have a loose defense, which may be why they are sent back to the Championship after 2010-11. Yet, wouldn't it be awesome if they became the next Wigan? :P

Also, Blackpool are the first team in Football League history to gain promotion from all 3 tiers. (They were promoted from League 2 [then known as Division 3] in 1992, made it up to League 1 in 2001, made it to the Championship in 2007, were nearly relegated last season, & are now in the Premier League. Wow.)

Well done to Blackpool and Inter for there wins yesterday!

One interesting footnote to the CL win is that it's seems more than likely that Jose Mourinho will be back in Madrid as Real manager next season. Only possible sticking point would be his desire to have total control of the team, signings and all.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

France has won the bid to host Euro 2016

I was really hoping Turkey but I like France's bid and they already have most of the Stadiums in place.

0,,10432~8816923,00.jpg

Yeah, double-decker parade FTW.

Well you did say they were one of the smaller teams in England, I guess the Premier League Check hasn't come in the mail yet.

Archived