European Soccer 2009-10

heernumurr

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best game of the day ended up being Chelsea-Hull. That one was worth waking up at 7:45 for. Every other game sounded like a disappointment from a neutral fan's perspective.

Though if I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be in hog heaven right now.

Well since I have not much care for the EPL outside of my fantasy team right now, Newcastle won 3-0 over Reading in the first Championship game at St James Park.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Really? I'm pretty sure that ESPN just bought a certain time-slot. They're always going to have the Saturday 7:45 am game, and same with the Monday 3:00 pm game. Not sure if FSC can pick and choose when it comes to games slotted in those time periods.

Also, Aston Villa lost 2-0 to Wigan today...the main Villa blog site that I frequent had a headline of "Same ol Aston Villa." Considering I've heard "Same ol _______" for basically every team that I pull for stateside, me and Villa are a match made in heaven. :P

As from my post on page 1 (post 15), basically ESPN subleased rights from FSI (Fox Sports International), which leased them to air on FSC them from Setana US. Each week ESPN(2) will feature the 7:45am ET Saturday game and the 3pm ET Monday game. It was not displayed on my DirectTV or on my cable this morning.

Either the baby Gunners have grown up, or Everton just had a worse case of malaise than Villa did against Wigan.

Also keep in mind that Everton's goalie Tim Howard just played for Team USA in Mexico City three days ago. Evidently the combo of jet lag and fatigue caught up to him big-time.

CCSLC signature.png

Either the baby Gunners have grown up, or Everton just had a worse case of malaise than Villa did against Wigan.

Also keep in mind that Everton's goalie Tim Howard just played for Team USA in Mexico City three days ago. Evidently the combo of jet lag and fatigue caught up to him big-time.

He did make one pretty bad mistake, but that didn't even lead to a goal. For pretty much all six goals the defence left him with little chance, they were nowherer to be seen today. But this was just an off day for Everton (pained as I am to say it) and Arsenal showed what you can do when you take every chance you're presented with. Back to normality for both teams next week I think.

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool, couldn't be any happier with that!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I hate the Sp*rs, but Liverpool dropping points this early is good. It's funny that the Sp*rs have more points so far this season that in the first 8 games last year.

Yes, we Gooners can use all the help we can get, especially with a fixture at Old Trafford coming up in just two more weekends.

CCSLC signature.png

Honestly, Liverpool should've gotten another PK there. Obvious foul in the box that wasn't called. This could've easily been 2-2. But can't take anything away from Tottenham, they did a great job of keeping Liverpool from doing what they do best: scoring late goals. Pretty huge L for Liverpool considering that they only lost twice last season.

I know its only one game and all but i did find great humor in that :)

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Saintsfans week 1 round up!

Best result of the weekend- I'm giving this as a tie between the two North London rivals, Spurs and Arsenal. Sure Arsenal scored 4 more goals in getting the win, but I think at the end of the day, Spurs needed to win this game a lot more than Arsenal did, given there poor starts the last couple of seasons.

Biggest dissapointment- Everton, fresh off the back of a great season, to fold against Arsenal has to be a big dissapointment. Look like Moyes is determind to hold onto Joleon Lescott, Toffees fans will be hoping that Lescott remains committed.

Overall top team- Arsenal. As I said earlier, having Arshavin, Rosicky and Vermaelen all seem to have upgraded Arsenal, a team who most would regard as the most likely to slip out of the top 4. [Note of caution- opening day win does not always guarantee success!]

Manager under most threat- Most premier league managers seem relatively safe right now, though it will be interesting to see how patient the 3 promoted teams (who all lost in week 1) will be with their managers.

Interesting (well maybe not) statisitic- All opening week games ended in a win.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Arsenal's roll has carried over into the Champions League, in which they blanked Celtic 2-0 at Glasgow in the first leg of their play-in tie. If the Bhoys manage to advance next week back at Emirates Stadium, I'll eat my Arsenal hat.

CCSLC signature.png

Arsenal's roll has carried over into the Champions League, in which they blanked Celtic 2-0 at Glasgow in the first leg of their play-in tie. If the Bhoys manage to advance next week back at Emirates Stadium, I'll eat my Arsenal hat.

Also, I did not post as I was watching. Everyone check your local FNS (or Comcast Sports) to see which CL games will be seen in HD. As opposed to the ESPN years, these many games are in HD. Today, Aresnal/Celtic was, but the FC Sheriff vs Olympiacos match was not.

Archived