Draw Brawl 2009 Rules & Leaderboard

heernumurr

Can we get a clear example of a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 so we have a general idea which one we would fall into?

Well since your the best designer on the boards, then you would probably fall into Tier 1.

Apparently the former best designer on the boards is now only "decent at best". How the mighty have fallen...

sad huh? But it had to happen at some time...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we get a clear example of a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 so we have a general idea which one we would fall into?

Well it's hard to tell, since you can choose your own tier. What I consider to be a Tier 1 entry could differ from what what you think. I think the first round will be the benchmark, we won't really be able to tell until after that.

What I would do is look for other competitions and see the kind of work that won, and the kind of work that got no votes. Compare your work to this and try to work out where you fit. There are about 10 people I could think of off the top of my head that would be Tier 1, and probably plenty more than that. So if they all enter, what do you think your chances are?

Search for these: Logolympiad, CCSLC Apprentice, Sports Identity Showdown, The Trifecta, NHA Redesign Challenge (I think)

Also, what C&C have you got before? Did people like your stuff, or tell you not to rush it and clean it all up. I reckon everyone should have a pretty good idea of their own level, and if you feel you can't decide, well either play it safe for one round or gamble. You can switch Tiers before the start of every round.

I would post example concepts, but I don't think it's for me to say. But personally, I would compete in Tier one, and you can search for my concepts if you want to compare.

Well it's hard to tell, since you can choose your own tier. What I consider to be a Tier 1 entry could differ from what what you think. I think the first round will be the benchmark, we won't really be able to tell until after that.

What I would do is look for other competitions and see the kind of work that won, and the kind of work that got no votes. Compare your work to this and try to work out where you fit. There are about 10 people I could think of off the top of my head that would be Tier 1, and probably plenty more than that. So if they all enter, what do you think your chances are?

Search for these: Logolympiad, CCSLC Apprentice, Sports Identity Showdown, The Trifecta, NHA Redesign Challenge (I think)

Also, what C&C have you got before? Did people like your stuff, or tell you not to rush it and clean it all up. I reckon everyone should have a pretty good idea of their own level, and if you feel you can't decide, well either play it safe for one round or gamble. You can switch Tiers before the start of every round.

I would post example concepts, but I don't think it's for me to say. But personally, I would compete in Tier one, and you can search for my concepts if you want to compare.

Ok great! Thank you very much for the response.

I just kinda wanted to get a feel, as I have not been in any other competions on this site, just the Icethetics ones...

I've got a question... A 600x800 template seems a bit small for 3 logos and uniforms. Could we possibly separate them, one for logos and one for uniforms?

I think it should be big enough, it'll just take some creative layout. For now keep everything on the one template, and if the details are too small once it's submitted, then we'll see what can be done.

Here's an example of how everything can fit onto the template. This is just an old concept of mine, but it had the right amount of logos and unis. It's done in Illustrator with the raster template in the background, which looks fine to me.

exampletemplate.png

I spent literally 5 minutes doing this, if I was actually submitting something I'd spend a lot longer on it. Everything fits and there is even room for a little explanation. And this is with ALL the suggested logos, not just the minimum requirements (Logo, Secondary, Wordmark, Home Uni, Road Uni). Rarely will an event require this amount of graphics to be designed.

And anyway, if you are losing details when your logos are reproduced at a small size, your logos are probably too detailed. And if your concept is good, you shouldn't need a massive explanation.

So am I able to enter the contest as long as I get my concept in by the 20th, or was there some sort of pre-registration and tier decision?

Yep, anyone can enter any and every round you want, just get your entry in before that challenge's deadline and state your Tier choice in the e-mail.

I don't know how clear it is in the rules, but you can pick and choose the challenges you want to enter. If you want to win the whole contest you should enter as many as possible, but say you don't like making basketball uniforms, well if a challenge like that comes up you don't necessarily have to do it. Or if you only want to enter one challenge in the whole contest, that's cool too. Simple!

So am I able to enter the contest as long as I get my concept in by the 20th, or was there some sort of pre-registration and tier decision?

Yep, anyone can enter any and every round you want, just get your entry in before that challenge's deadline and state your Tier choice in the e-mail.

I don't know how clear it is in the rules, but you can pick and choose the challenges you want to enter. If you want to win the whole contest you should enter as many as possible, but say you don't like making basketball uniforms, well if a challenge like that comes up you don't necessarily have to do it. Or if you only want to enter one challenge in the whole contest, that's cool too. Simple!

Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to attempt most (or all) contests.

Archived