Tulsa 2020 Olympic bid

mfoster

United States Olympic Committee (USOC) CEO Stephanie Streeter issued a statement Monday in which she said "there will be absolutely no consideration of any future bids - winter or summer - from the U.S. while Chicago is on the international stage. Let me reiterate that position in the most adamant terms. Chicago is not only our current bid city, it is our only bid city, and it is the sole focus of our efforts".

Streeter was referring to recent news reports that indicated a number of U.S. cities are considering future Olympic bids.

Streeter added, "we are now 52 days from the decision on the 2016 Host City. All of our hopes and dreams for bringing the Olympic Games back to the United States are anchored in Chicago 2016 an the IOC decision on October 2.

"Through our enduring bidding partnership, Chicago 2016 has earned our gratitude and respect. The City of Broad Shoulders has placed the United States in a great position to bring home the world's greatest celebration of humanity".

She praised Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and Chicago 2016 Chair and CEO Pat Ryan saying the accomplishment in their quest for the Games "is nothing less than extraordinary", and that they have developed "a magnificent plan for the Games" that will deliver a "spectacular" experience for the athletes.

The statement continued, "with less than two months to go before the IOC's decision in Copenhagen, two months in which it is essential for us to capture the attention of the global Olympic Family, it is equally essential that the USOC sustain a 110 per cent on the needs of Chicago 2016".

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
United States Olympic Committee (USOC) CEO Stephanie Streeter issued a statement Monday in which she said "there will be absolutely no consideration of any future bids - winter or summer - from the U.S. while Chicago is on the international stage. Let me reiterate that position in the most adamant terms. Chicago is not only our current bid city, it is our only bid city, and it is the sole focus of our efforts".

Streeter was referring to recent news reports that indicated a number of U.S. cities are considering future Olympic bids.

Streeter added, "we are now 52 days from the decision on the 2016 Host City. All of our hopes and dreams for bringing the Olympic Games back to the United States are anchored in Chicago 2016 an the IOC decision on October 2.

"Through our enduring bidding partnership, Chicago 2016 has earned our gratitude and respect. The City of Broad Shoulders has placed the United States in a great position to bring home the world's greatest celebration of humanity".

She praised Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and Chicago 2016 Chair and CEO Pat Ryan saying the accomplishment in their quest for the Games "is nothing less than extraordinary", and that they have developed "a magnificent plan for the Games" that will deliver a "spectacular" experience for the athletes.

The statement continued, "with less than two months to go before the IOC's decision in Copenhagen, two months in which it is essential for us to capture the attention of the global Olympic Family, it is equally essential that the USOC sustain a 110 per cent on the needs of Chicago 2016".

I most fervently invite the USOC to multitask as much as possible in the lead up to the October 2 decision. 40% to Chicago should be enough. 2020 also needs a lot of focus.

I also invite Barack Obama to take us back into international pariah territory. Please invade Cuba or Belgium or some country we could easily and quickly knock over.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I most fervently invite the USOC to multitask as much as possible in the lead up to the October 2 decision. 40% to Chicago should be enough. 2020 also needs a lot of focus.

I also invite Barack Obama to take us back into international pariah territory. Please invade Cuba or Belgium or some country we could easily and quickly knock over.

Nah, how about Switzerland we need to get them in a war lol

6fQjS3M.png

Not to be outdone, but Hell, Michigan has thrown in a bid for the Winter Olympics in 2022.

Too bad Salt Lake will steal it away! thicon_wink.gif

I'm all for the Olympics in Tulsa. Why not? Why should all the ultra-modern metropolises host the Olympics? If not Tulsa, then Beaver, Utah. *sarcasm ended* Actually, I could see this as a great comedy movie about the attempt and securing of Tulsa for the Olympics.

Or why not Fillmore, UT up the road 100 miles. If someone can connect the joke here, I'll give you 10 points. :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Not to be outdone, but Hell, Michigan has thrown in a bid for the Winter Olympics in 2022.

I'm all for the Olympics in Tulsa. Why not? Why should all the ultra-modern metropolises host the Olympics? If not Tulsa, then Beaver, Utah. *sarcasm ended* Actually, I could see this as a great comedy movie about the attempt and securing of Tulsa for the Olympics.

Or why not Fillmore, UT up the road 100 miles. If someone can connect the joke here, I'll give you 10 points. :D

They're both on I-15? lol idk

6fQjS3M.png

They're both on I-15? lol idk

It's been a long standing joke driving through Utah, you have Fillmore, then Beaver. I know, it's a little gross but the coincidence is still funny.....

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Who needs the olympics when you can have the WNBA Instead?!?!?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/news/story?id=4576647

The WNBA's Detroit Shock are moving to Tulsa, Okla., a team official told The Associated Press.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity Monday because he was not authorized to make the announcement.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If Lake Placid can host the winter games, why not Hell?

But Tulsa hosting the summer games? What's next... Knoxville hosting a World's Fair?

They'd have to fix the Sunsphere first!

-Dan

Don't you mean the wig-sphere? :D

They can be the Thunder Thighs

I usually find WNBA bashing boorish at best, but that was funny. Maybe because I actually like thunder thighs. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If Lake Placid can host the winter games, why not Hell?

But Tulsa hosting the summer games? What's next... Knoxville hosting a World's Fair?

They'd have to fix the Sunsphere first!

-Dan

Don't you mean the wig-sphere? :D

Who cares! The whole point is moot anyways since I spent all of my money on this Al Gore doll.

"You are hearing me talk".

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived