Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge One

chestnutz

challenge-one.png

Greetings all, and welcome to the very first challenge in the 2009 Draw Brawl Competition, headed up by myself, Cola, williamrhys, and fraser.

Your very first challenge (thought up by Cola) starts now and details are below:

One of the largest sports markets in the United States has been without a NFL team since the 1994 season. From the very moment the Rams moved to St. Louis and the Raiders located back to their storied city of Oakland, fans of Los Angeles have been waiting for a team to call their own.

After almost 15 years, a big time investor has put in the cash and received

approval from the NFL to create the next franchise in Los Angeles. This investor has come to YOU in search of a visual identity and has given up all creative input rights in hopes that you can brand this new franchise!

Your objective:

Create a visual identity for an NFL team based in Los Angeles, CA. You have complete control over the name, colors, uniforms, and anything else you feel will visually make an impact for this new franchise.

The minimum requirements:

A logo set including a primary logo, alternate logo, and a wordmark.

A home and away uniform set (helmet, jersey, pants, socks).

Optional:

- Tertiary logo

- Stadium logo

- Alternate uniform

Since this was posted on August 6th, the deadline will be Thursday, August 20th (my birthday!!) at 11:59 PM EST. This is a STRICT deadline, so any entries that don?t make it- tough luck, you don?t make it.

All submissions must be sent to drawbrawl09@hotmail.com

A reminder: all entries MUST be placed on the entry template (which MAY NOT be altered in any way), and must not go past the 600 x 800 page. All logos and uniforms must fit on the template. If you have any questions regarding the overall contest, just refer to the rules and guidelines thread. Just like every other challenge, 5 points will be awarded to first place, 3 points to second place, and 1 point to third place. Judges Choice Award winner will get an additional 2 points to their overall point total.

Good luck!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one that thinks that there's a lot of stuff to fit in an 800x600 frame?

Yeah, it does seem awfully condensed.

It really isn't that small guys. Take this for example. It is smaller than 800x600 and if I would have shrunk a few of the logos and moved the word mark, I definitely would have had room for uniforms.

HonoluluHumpbacks-1.png

But, for raster program users, things could get rather pixelated.

Work large and scale down.

Either way, I don't think it should be that much of an issue. Once the challenge gets going and people feel they don't have enough space, then we can address that.

What might help is, when you have the logo the size you want it, put it through vector magic (http://vectormagic.com) and you should be fine!

I'd be careful, however, that one didn't use vector magic as a "cure-all". Some stuff still shows through if you try to short-cut. I found that out the hard way.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

What might help is, when you have the logo the size you want it, put it through vector magic (http://vectormagic.com) and you should be fine!

I'd be careful, however, that one didn't use vector magic as a "cure-all". Some stuff still shows through if you try to short-cut. I found that out the hard way.

True, but what else can you do at that point?

How did you already know what you were going to do if you just found out what the challenge was, unless you were somehow spying on our conversations? Makes zero sense, unless you had a team name in mind and then just added Los Angeles to it...

but alright, congrats on having the first submission...

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived