What's Your Favorite Song?

vicfurth

What the hell is the difference between a Christian and non-Christian song? Is that one of those songs that sucks up to God (like Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"?)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

In my experience, a 'Christian' song is a song sung by a Christian, with lyrics that develop a Christian ideal, topic, theme, etc.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to pick a favorite. It changes almost every day.

I guess the most influential song for me was "Epic" by Faith No More. Opened me up to all sorts of music and got me out of my "classic rock rules!" phase.

Now, I like practically all styles of music... yes, that includes rap and country, etc. If it's done well, I like it regardless of style.

Currently in my car CD rotation: Maroon 5, Audioslave, Linkin Park, Old 97's, Black Eyed Peas & The Streets.

The only "christian" music I ever really liked was Jars of Clay. Can't remember the name of the song, but it was a big single for them... enough that I bought the album. I didn't realize they were "christian" music before I bought it, but I thought the whole CD was very well done.

Hey Roger, look at BS's song list, I think you've got a love connection!

There's nothing wrong with my list!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hey Roger, look at BS's song list, I think you've got a love connection!

There's nothing wrong with my list!

I think he was referring to the fact that I love Journey and you have Journey on your list.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Who doesn't love Journey? They're awesome! They're a good old classic American band, much like Huey Lewis & The News. It's just too bad that Steve Perry is no longer with the band. I'd love to see them reunite just like Van Halen recently did with Sammy Hagar.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

wow...I got tons of fav songs (that's not even literally possible though, is it?)

Pantera / Becoming

System of a Down / Science

Anthrax / Room for One More

Static-X / Bled for Days

Rage Against the Machine / Sleep Now in the Fire

Stone Sour / Get Inside

Marilyn Manson / The Beautiful People/Rock is Dead

the only thing remotely religious-related would be Prayer by Disturbed

and on a different note...

I caught a little of Headbangers Ball a few weeks ago. I saw a video which I thought was Judas Priest. At least I heard Ripper Owens, their former lead singer now that Rob Halford's back. Anyway, the song was awesome. It was a song called "Reckoning" by this band Iced Earth. It was an awesome song. I bought the CD, and was blown away. It is phenomenal.

Just wanted to get this out.

and I also like The Aquabats and Reel Big Fish

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

let me think.... theres definetly more but heres just some (heh as in 30 or so)

Joe Jackson: Steppin' Out, One to One, Friday, Precious Time, One More Time, Chrome, beat crazy, Cosmopoliton, Moonlight, Other Me

Go West: Call Me, We Close Our Eyes, king of wishful thinking, haunted, masque of love, king is dead, one way street, s.o.s.

ABC: Be Near Me, Fear of the World, Show Me, Poison Arrow, How to be a millionaire

Queen: Save me, a kind of magic

Frankie goes to hollywood: Welcome to the pleasuredome, two tribes, war (cover song)

Jan Hammer: Crocketts Theme, Rum Cay, Miami Vice Theme (single version)

Tears for Fears: Head over heals, mad world, pale shelter, advice for the young at heart

woo that was fun ^_^

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Christian: Supernatural by dc talk

An older one, but still one of my Top 10 favourite songs of all time.

I actually caught the Supernatural tour when it went through Fargo... great road trip, awesome concert experience (despite having nosebleed seats).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

What the hell is the difference between a Christian and non-Christian song? Is that one of those songs that sucks up to God (like Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"?)

I guess all secular songs suck up to some girl that dumped you...

On a less edgy note, Christian music can be and is in every style you can think of. Name a band, and I'll tell you a Christian band that sounds like them.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

What the hell is the difference between a Christian and non-Christian song?  Is that one of those songs that sucks up to God (like Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life"?)

I guess all secular songs suck up to some girl that dumped you...

On a less edgy note, Christian music can be and is in every style you can think of. Name a band, and I'll tell you a Christian band that sounds like them.

Pearl Jam --> Creed!

I saw, I came, I left.

Favorite: Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Favorite genre: Hip Hop/Rap

Other favorite songs:

some classic rock by AC/DC, Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Journey, Queen etc...that quite honestly I don't know the name of

Don Maclean - American Pie

Nappy Roots - Awnaw

Ludacris - Growing Pains; Southern Hospitality

almost anything off Nelly - Country Grammar

some Bloodhound Gang stuff

a few off Good Charlotte's self-titled

Outkast - Ms. Jackson; Fresh and Clean; Roses; Hey Ya (though I don't wanna hear it for a LONG time)

Eminem/Tupac - One Day at a Time

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Kanye West - Family Business

Bubba Sparxxx - Back In the Mud

Lil Wayne - Shine, Big Tymers - Project Chick...just for the beats

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Pearl Jam --> Creed!

Urge to commit violence rising...rising...

That's like saying Frank Sinatra --> William Shatner.

Or Michelangelo --> Bob Ross.

Creed on it's best day isn't even close to 1/1,000,000,000th the band Pearl Jam is on its worst. Like the shirt says, "Even Jesus Hates Creed".

Pearl Jam --> Creed!

Urge to commit violence rising...rising...

That's like saying Frank Sinatra --> William Shatner.

Or Michelangelo --> Bob Ross.

Creed on it's best day isn't even close to 1/1,000,000,000th the band Pearl Jam is on its worst. Like the shirt says, "Even Jesus Hates Creed".

AMEN!

Pearl Jam has been around for over a decade and has 7 solid albums (plus a 2-CD set of B-sides that they sold for about 12 bucks). All they've done is continue to put out great music. Last year I saw them play three shows outside of Boston and they played 96 different songs-=-with only one repeated ("Yellow Ledbetter" because it was the best way to let the crowd know it was finally over during their 3.5 hour finale in which they opened for thier opening band).

Go to a Pearl Jam show and you never know what they will do. They may play really long. They may cover a song you'd never expect and they may play a sloppy version of a song they have not played for 5 years.

People like to rip Pearl Jam because they are not nearly as popular as they were when "grunge" was big. But have you noticed that they are the only ones from that era still around? They are unpopular and out of the mainstream by choice. They don't like fame. They continue to write good music but don't feel the need to lace it with radio-friendly hooks just to attract the masses. Creed burst on the scene with a fairly solid sound and then became a big corporate band. Unlike Pearl Jam, though, their sound never evolved and they did not keep up with the quality of their first album.

Pearl Jam is a class act all the way.

Can you tell I like Pearl Jam a little

*gets off soap box*

Personally, I never understood the Creed/Pearl Jam association. Creed is much harder and 90% of their songs are about the same thing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Music Genre: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, Punk.

Favorite Song: "Alone I Break" - Korn; It's my favorite song because it resembles how my life has been for the past 2 1/2 years.

Others

"Alive" - P.O.D.

"Here Without You" - 3 Doors Down

"So Far Away" - Staind

"One" - Metallica

"Broken" - Seether

"Not Enough" - Our Lady Peace

"Step Up" - Drowning Pool

"My Immortal" - Evanescence

"Meant to Live" - Switchfoot

"Numb" - Linkin Park

"Blurry" - Puddle of Mudd