What's Your Favorite Song?

vicfurth

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who commented on my Pearl Jam --> Creed remark. I was referring to this quote, "Name a band, and I'll tell you a Christian band that sounds like them." Now, I know there are noticable differences in the music, but I was mostly referring to the vocals, that low toned noise. (Thought: Can you really tell the difference between Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman?)

I saw, I came, I left.

The funniest Christian/Non-Christian song connection I've ever heard was on MuchMusic back when Erica Ehm was still a VJ....she was introducing the video for "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You," originally performed by Van Morrison, who wrote it as an affirmation of his faith.

The intro, now burned into my memory, was "When Van Morrison wrote this song, he wrote it to his God, and now Rod Stewart is singing it to his wife. So, here's Rod Stewart with another Godless love song."

ALso, there is no difference between Nickelback and TOADM. They both suck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

but my new favorite is

Three Days Grace: I Hate Everything About You

That's definitely on my list of recent favorites. I just can't figure out why it's getting all sorts of airplay now when it came out about a year ago.

It did come out a year ago .... in Canada. Obviously you probably have heard the song if you live near the border. A lot of Canadian albums do not get released in the US at the same time as in Canada.

I saw, I came, I left.

i'm really high on 3DG's new one Just Like You. Can't say I can pinpoint any one song anymore, I like rock, anything with good loud Guitar is in my good books.

(Thought: Can you really tell the difference between Nickelback and Theory of a Deadman?)

actually, for the longest time I couldn't, and never knew that theory even existed, I thought the song "Nothing Could COme Between Us" (awesome song by the way) was Nickelback. but i guess its appropreate that they sound alike, since Kroeger's label signed them and helped produce the album. Both are favorites of mine

My music taste is really screwed up. Seriously.

My CD collection is as diverse as anything. From Good Charlotte to John Mayer, Barenaked Ladies to Black Eyed Peas, Evanescence to Coldplay, Radiohead to Outkast. See what I mean. I buy a lot of CDs, I never burn (seriously). I use my MP3s like a radio cause there isn't a single Toronto radio station that I like.

As a Canadian, I am a MASSIVE supporter of Canadian musicians. People like Hawksley Workman, Fefe Dobson, Sam Roberts, Alanis Morrisette, Sarah McLachlan, Pilate & many many other Canadian bands make amazing music. When you think about it, SO MANY influential musicians over the past 50 years have come from the great white north.

:flagcanada:

I'm really digging the band Pilate. I've got their CD "Caught By The Window" playing right now. You watch, they'll be huge someday.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

i must be the only shmuck who likes country. :blink:

George Jones - White Lightning

Chris LeDoux - This Cowboy's hat

Metallica - Sad But True/One/Master of Puppets

this list would be in constant flux......it never remains the same......could have more ROCK or more COUNTRY, depends on my mood.

Gotta few of them...

2 Unlimited-Get Ready For This (Instrumental Version)

Motley Crue-Kickstart My Heart

Rolling Stones-Start Me Up

Yes-Owner of a Lonely Heart

And the Sharks theme song this season...

Journey-Don't Stop Believin'

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

but my new favorite is

Three Days Grace: I Hate Everything About You

That's definitely on my list of recent favorites. I just can't figure out why it's getting all sorts of airplay now when it came out about a year ago.

It did come out a year ago .... in Canada. Obviously you probably have heard the song if you live near the border. A lot of Canadian albums do not get released in the US at the same time as in Canada.

I'm in Michigan, but so was the station that I heard it played on all the time last spring. They even had a big contest where the prize was a trip to see 3DG. Eh, whatever.

Favorite genre - Punk/Rock

Favorite song - "Only One" Yellowcard

Favorite hip hop song - "Rock Superstar" Cypress Hill (Mostly cuz' it's in one of my favorite movies, Training Day) or "Ether" Nas

Other nominees for favorite song...

In No Particular Order

"Happy Endings" All American Rejects

"Last Train Home" The Lost Prophets

"Hey Driver" Lucky Boys Confusion

"When All is Said and Done" Trapt

"The Way You Move (?)" Outkast

"Buried Myself Alive" The Used

"Empty Apartment" Yellowcard

"Heavens Coming" Wakefield

"What it is to Burn" Finch

"Way Away" Yellowcard

"On My Own" The Used

"Perfect" Simple Plan

"Believe" Yellowcard

"Farther" Outspoken

"Hey Ya" Outkast

"Bury Me" Finch

"Waiting" Finch

"Ender" Finch

"Echo" Trapt

I made a pretty slanty design with it :D

IUe6Hvh.png

Favorite Song- "Broken" Seether ft. Amy Lee of Evanescence

Other Favorites:

"Smells like Teen Spirit" Nirvana

"For those about to Rock" ACDC

"Highway to Hell" ACDC

"Falls on Me" Fuel

"Sunburn" Fuel

"Are you Gonna be my Girl" Jet

"Brain Stew" Green Day

"My Immortal" Evanescence

"Cold and Empty" Kid Rock

"So Far Away" Staind

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

Like many others here, I don't have one particular song that I would call my absolute favorite. I love most styles of music, from classic rock to jazz to disco to surf to classical... Just about anything but opera and most (not all) rap. Well, most country bites, except for Johnny Cash and Junior Brown. Hell, Delbert McClinton and Danny Gatton cross over into country quite a bit, but you just can't pigeon-hole those guys.

Ultimately, because of the industry I work in, I have grown to hate (and I do mean hate) several songs. They are:

"Smoke On The Water" - Deep Purple

"Come As You Are" - Nirvana

"One" - Metallica

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin

15 bonus points if you can guess my profession... :P

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

What about Rush?

Now here is a band that is not only overlooked by the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but Rush deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as well. Plus this band has gone thirty years with only one change of band members (John Rustey was the original drummer, but due to health problems, was replaced by Neil Peart), which is a rare feat to be accomplished. :flagcanada:

AS far as Christain Music goes....

In 1974, an Australain Nun by the name of Sister Janet Mead had an Rock and Roll Rendition of "The Lord's Prayer" which was playing on Top 40 Radio. On of the Top 40 radio stations of that time was a little 1,000 watt station called WWDJ from Hackensack, New Jersey, competing with 77WABC, 102 WPIX, and 99x WXLO.

WWDJ was very popular for local kids, and I was listening to 97DJ alot. Then, in the latter weeks of March, 1974, the owners of WWDJ decided to switch fromats from Top 40 to religion. It was a decision that was laughed upon and even chided.

But on April 1, 1974- 30 years ago today- it came to fruition. The format cahnge took place. But it wouldn't be until the lated 1980's that WWDJ would become one of America's great Contemporary Christian Music Stations.

Points of Grace "At The River" and Amy Grant's "El SHaddi" are some of my favorite Christain Songs>

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Like many others here, I don't have one particular song that I would call my absolute favorite. I love most styles of music, from classic rock to jazz to disco to surf to classical... Just about anything but opera and most (not all) rap. Well, most country bites, except for Johnny Cash and Junior Brown. Hell, Delbert McClinton and Danny Gatton cross over into country quite a bit, but you just can't pigeon-hole those guys.

Ultimately, because of the industry I work in, I have grown to hate (and I do mean hate) several songs. They are:

"Smoke On The Water" - Deep Purple

"Come As You Are" - Nirvana

"One" - Metallica

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin

You just named about every other song I like.

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

I'm going to guess radio, and those were overplayed at one point or another.

(Not that I don't like a couple of them. "One" is a great song. Still.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Christian song- " Turn, Turn, Turn "- The Byrds

best break-up song- "You're Breaking My Heart"- Harry Nilsson

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

15 bonus points if you can guess my profession...  :P

I'm going to guess radio, and those were overplayed at one point or another.

(Not that I don't like a couple of them. "One" is a great song. Still.)

Nope, not radio... Good guess, though.

And I should qualify that just because I've had enough of the songs I've listed, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the music they made/make. I can think of at least one song from each of those bands I like -- it's just that I don't hear the songs I like a daily basis. Which is why I still like those songs... ^_^

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived