What's Your Favorite Song?

vicfurth

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you work in a bar??

thats about all I could think of :therock:

Another excellent guess, but no, I don't work in a bar.

Although, some of those songs probably do go well with one's alchoholic beverage of choice... :D

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

ok, I think I got it now.....

a custodian at a local middle school! :D

ok, maybe not :suspect:

:lol: No, but some days it sure feels like it! Especially after school lets out for the day...

Hmm... Was that a hint? <_<

youre a history teacher! and right now the subject youre having your class touch on is the Vietnam War. Most of those songs have something to do with that war or that era.

of course, I could be wrong...

Nope... Now you're just going in the opposite direction. I have nothing to do with the school system, but my job does involve education in a way... B)

youre a NARC at a public school! (one of those guys with the walkie talkies whose sole purpose is to make sure none of the punks cut class  :D )

or a security guard?

damn this thing is frying me now....no pun intended  :hockeysmiley:

whoa you have guys to make sure kids dont cut class, good thing we dont have them at my school :D , errr i mean i allways go to class <_<

1zqy8ok.gif

youre a NARC at a public school! (one of those guys with the walkie talkies whose sole purpose is to make sure none of the punks cut class :D )

or a security guard?

damn this thing is frying me now....no pun intended :hockeysmiley:

What's an NARC? My guesses are a security guard at a high school right and a crossing guard at some middle school....

I saw, I came, I left.

NARC is short for Narcotics Officer

a law enforcement official (sometimes undercover) specializing in illegal drug activity. Sometimes other students who rat out others are called narcs. My uncle was a Narc. Very tough job.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You're a DJ at high school dances. I hear a few of those songs all the time at high school dances. It's all I can think of. As for education, I guess you teach kids that some of them can't dance and are extremely awkward.

Personal favorites to come. Gotta think some more.

Like many others here, I don't have one particular song that I would call my absolute favorite. I love most styles of music, from classic rock to jazz to disco to surf to classical... Just about anything but opera and most (not all) rap. Well, most country bites, except for Johnny Cash and Junior Brown. Hell, Delbert McClinton and Danny Gatton cross over into country quite a bit, but you just can't pigeon-hole those guys.

Ultimately, because of the industry I work in, I have grown to hate (and I do mean hate) several songs. They are:

"Smoke On The Water" - Deep Purple

"Come As You Are" - Nirvana

"One" - Metallica

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana

"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin

15 bonus points if you can guess my profession... :P

well they all have a catchy riff that someone wanting to play guitar wuld wanna play.. but they probably just wanna play that lil part.. I'm guessing guitar instructor.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Fav Secular songs of ALL TIME:

Everlong - Foo Fighters

Say It Ain't So - Weezer

Cautioners - Jimmy Eat World

My Hero - Foo Fighters

Best of Me - The Starting Line

Only One - Yellowcard

Fav Christian songs of ALL TIME:

Meant to Live - Switchfoot

Softer to Me - Relient K

New Year's Project - Further Seems Forever

Getting Into You - Relient K

There is a song out now called "Mad World" that I really like. I don't know who the artist is.

On the other hand Limp Bisquicks version of "Behind Blue Eyes" pales in comparison with the original version by the Who.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

I had no idea that people separated their favourite songs into Christian and non-Christian categories. Maybe I missed something, but is this a Christian site or something?

My songs:

Tool - "Stinkfist"

Rage Against the Machine - "Freedom"

Oasis - "Morning Glory"

GNf'nR - "Don't Cry"

Nirvana - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Territorial Pissings, Drain You, Scentless Apprentice

Foo Fighters - I'll Stick Around, My Hero

Metallica - One

Korn - Freak on a Leash, Ya'll Want A Single

Probot - Red War, Dictatorsaurus

Led Zepplin - Staircase to Heaven or for you people Stairway to Heaven....

Theres probably more that I didn't list, but thats it for now...

There is a song out now called "Mad World" that I really like. I don't know who the artist is.

If your thinking of the reworked slowed down Tears for Fears piano influenced version, I beleive the artists are Michael Andrews and Gary Jules. This is the song that actually went to numbero uno in England recently and was in the movie Donnie Darko.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Archived