New 76ers Uniform

Jumpman085

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it a new trend to take a color (blue in this case) put it on the trim, but keep it off the front/back logos/letters/numbers? See Vancouver and Minnesota keeping green to the side but off the front. I'm not fond of that. These would be Solid with blue outlining on the white letters/numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is it a new trend to take a color (blue in this case) put it on the trim, but keep it off the front/back logos/letters/numbers? See Vancouver and Minnesota keeping green to the side but off the front. I'm not fond of that. These would be Solid with blue outlining on the white letters/numbers.

I've always wondered that as well. I think the Red Sox away looks bad and teams like the Miami Hurricanes (except in football) when they do that.

KISSwall09.jpg

I like the lack of blue trim, but I'm a fan of solid color graphics in some cases (see the Titans throwback helmet tonight). This is a case where the blue trim would have made the lettering look more rec league because it would have been the predictable thing to do and thus made it look more generic. Not a whole lot of teams are doing the one color lettering with the opposite color trim yet, but I bet it will catch on, because its a great look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The player looks to be about 15 years old and the uniforms look like a CYO rec league, so I guess it all fits.

I agree, they look like middle school basketball jerseys to me. How anyone can like these more than the last set is beyond my comprehension. HUGE downgrade.

pictures of dogturds on the front of the jerseys would be an upgrade over their last set. I don't love these, but its still an upgrade.

A little plain as far as the numbers go (could use some blue trim on "Sixers" and the numbers), the slight white trimming on the collar front (not really cluttered): one of the better upgrades as far as uniforms go. It's also good to see the 76ers back in red. If I could grade it, I'd give it an A-.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It's not perfect, but it ain't bad either. When I look at what they've done, I can find many elements that are itching to be adjusted. Update the logo, get rid of that stupid rectangled version of the logo, add a blue trim around the script letters and you have an A+ looking uniform. They could also make a jersey with "Phila" on the front as a bonus. That overall package would of deserved an A++ grade. :P

Still what they have now is...nice, nonetheless...

Thank goodness. The old court design was the worst in the league, yes worse than Milwaukee and yes worse than Minnesota.

Also, I don't think you need to worry about their logo being "rectangled". I'm willing to wager that is just some kind of border that every team's logo fits into. Everywhere else the logo has appeared it's been rectangle free.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived