New 76ers Uniform

Jumpman085

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, 76ers. You're the NBA Dodgers now.

Love the road. Like the home but not sure about the blue/red mix. I think I'll like it once I get used to it (and I'm a Dodger fan, so shouldn't be too hard).

Maybe the back should've been a blue number, too. It would look better.

spacer.png

Well, a little better than I was expecting, with the modern flare. At least it's not a completely blank jersey that tried to go classic all the way, it works for the Celtics, but it would've just looked incredibly bland on the Sixers. I mean, this is still pretty bland though. Especially the wordmarks. They could have done more here, it looks a little lazy. I still cannot stand the new primary logo and the useless gray. Overall downgrade in my mind. Color scheme is an improvement but that's about it.

They couldn't put outlines on everything? That would've gone a long way.

A long way toward making it suck.

Anyway, these rock. So hard. A perfect example of a classic jersey updated with a modern cut and tastefully restrained design elements, plus a quirky little unexpected twist (the blue home script). Everybody else, take notes. This is the new standard of redesign excellence.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Anyway, these rock. So hard. A perfect example of a classic jersey updated with a modern cut and tastefully restrained design elements, plus a quirky little unexpected twist (the blue home script). Everybody else, take notes. This is the new standard of redesign excellence.

Amen to that. These are just plain fantastic.

VmWIn6B.png

I laughed at this until I realized you ripped me. You've beaten me at my own game, Andre Wharrington.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure how the blue script was unexpected, since the look that they're taking inspiration from used the blue script at home along with a red road jersey featuring primarily white type. I'd say that the red numbers were the unexpected twist.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really? The "new standard of redesign excellence" is something you could get down at the corner sports store with stock elements?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Finally, someone who agrees with me on this subject! thicon_biggrin.gif These are a step in the right direction, back to basics, so you can?t rip on them too much!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The modern cut of the collar and armholes doesn't match the super-simple lettering and numbers. It's gotta be super-traditional like the Bulls and Celtics to pull that off.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The modern cut of the collar and armholes doesn't match the super-simple lettering and numbers. It's gotta be super-traditional like the Bulls and Celtics to pull that off.

Agreed.

If you are going to go with an "old school" look then go all out. Something about these doesn't quite work for me and I can't figure it out. Maybe its the lettering size, or the font, or something. It just falls short for me.

Its still better than the trainwreck that they wore before, so at least its a step in the right direction.

Archived