New Pitt Uniforms By Nike

Candyc0ded

Been waiting a while to see what the new Nike Pitt uniforms look like. Here is the link.

http://img256.yfrog.com/img256/9144/anj.jpg

Haven't seen the helmet yet, but it seems to be a semi-retro look from the mustard yellow days. MOst people are hoping for the Old Pitt Script, but I cannot confirm.

It's hard to tell from that photo, but it looks like the pants stripes are similar to the old mustard-yellow days. However, it also appears that the same "PITT" block lettering as was used over the last couple of years is on the jersey, so I'm not hopeful for a return of the old Pitt script.

If you look at the guy in the background, the pant stripe appears to be just one solid navy stripe with two thin white stripes outlining it. From what I can see in the picture, they're not horrible, but I'll have to see better pics first.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like the change. I've heard they are similar to the Washington Huskies new uni's. Most likely because they are gonna have with pants in the uniform set. I hear of a supposed gold alternate as well. I just hope they don't completely phase out an option of blue pants.

Hopefully the striping is the same on the helmet.

What would be really interesting is if they had a Vegas gold helmet with white facemask...a la the mustard look in the Majors' years. The helmet, as described, would probably be ugly as sin, but at least there would be a point to it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What would be really interesting is if they had a Vegas gold helmet with white facemask...a la the mustard look in the Majors' years. The helmet, as described, would probably be ugly as sin, but at least there would be a point to it.

I actually would like to see Pitt use the white facemask with the gold helmet. The University of Northern Colorado using that style and I think it looks pretty good.

Here's a pic of Northern Colorado's gold helmet white facemask look.

Northern%20Colorado%20MSU.jpeg

jNTsTyQ.png

I found two links where they show lots of pics.

http://pittsburgh.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=974002

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports...27/detail.html#

on the first page, check out #46. you can see the sewing lines and two different types of material. and also the blue stripe on the pants is a lot thicker than the white.

theyre boring, but solid. so glad nike didnt use one of their stupid piping templates like they used with arizona st.

I actually would like to see Pitt use the white facemask with the gold helmet. The University of Northern Colorado using that style and I think it looks pretty good.

Here's a pic of Northern Colorado's gold helmet white facemask look.

Northern%20Colorado%20MSU.jpeg

no one liked the white facemasks and they changed to navy

Alright I just finished updating Pitt in Teambuilder for anyone interested. Search BigDmo on TB and PS3, for 360 users, I updated my team on 8/11 at around 12:10 PST

I hope my renditions of the away and possible gold alt are correct.

This team is for anyone wanting a correct Pitt for their dynasties or whatever

Definite upgrade... I like how they're (not so) subtly blending the two eras. But they really should bring back the mustard & royal. When you play Notre Dame and Navy every year, wouldn't you rather have unis that actually stand out?

Archived