UCLA Football Going Throwback for Homecoming

Krona

I just want to see them match the helmet script with the blue on their uniforms.

You'd probably never be able to see it very well, but I like your sentiment.

As for these unis, the fans will really have trouble making out the numbers.

I, for one, like the darker blue UCLA uses. What would you call the darker blue? It's not royal or baby blue.

So they ditch the Toledo era jerseys only to bring them back in the form a throwback? There was nothing wrong with the Toledo era jerseys, I wish they'd go back to them. Also, wasn't this subject discussed in a thread sometime in the spring time? It's the only reason I didn't post on this. I swear we discussed this already.

I really like the number font, but the numbers being white with no outline is just too hard to read. Get an outline on that and some gold in the stripes and it will be great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

A very historic design for the Bruins. According to some old UCLA pictures I have seen, these were the jerseys UCLA wore in the 1960's. The #16 jersey on the post is similar to the one worn by UCLA's only Heisman Trophy winner to date, quarterback Gary Beban.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

I miss the old days with that Clarendon font. Those were the my favorite UCLA unis:

MCNOWN-PAC-10.jpg

If they were navy blue, they would pass for Ole Miss ones.

In fact, before going to the UCLA-style stripe jersey, Ole Miss used the Clarendon number font with three arm stripes on their uniforms.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Archived