Strange Detroit Lions Jersey

buckeyes

The only use I'd potentially have for an NFL logo in my bathroom is a Patriots logo at the bottom of my toilet.

QFT. I might get some bathroom decor Titans stuff at some point...maybe...but I just can't resist piling on.

However, to the OP, there's no way to not call it a cash grab, for good or bad. We're going to make a half-done fan jersey for you, do it in red (because that's what QB's wear in practice), but make it look nothing like an actual practice jersey except for the color. It's a fashion jersey that's not fashionable, and is aimed at the blindly loyal and non-jersey conscious.

That being said, I have two Titans QB jerseys in this same style...but not in red. I have a McNair in dark blue, and a Vince Young in "Titans blue." So they're not accurate either...but they're closer to being accurate than if they were red, especially since they weren't marketed as "practice jerseys."

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Who in their right mind would buy these goofy practice jerseys?

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showuser=6

Immediately after I clicked on this, I thought to myself, "Why did I click on this, now I have to see a picture of Nick." I'll just say that I'm happy I was wrong.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oh, please. At least they didn't just copy some popular team's jersey cut and use it for every team's "practice jerseys".

p6330975dt.jpg

p1490432dt.jpg

I just love the NFL for spewing out this garbage all the time. The worst part is that people are often times stupid enough to support it.

-

Looks like the Lions are using two different types of practice jersey this year.

matthew-stafford.jpg

The number's obscured, but it's definitely the Lions' new font, unlike the block number shown here.

slideshow_1059380_215421_Lions_Stafford_Footb.jpg

But it still isn't as detailed at the fashion "practice" jersey.

p6330975dt.jpg

Which begs the question: WTF? :huh:

IIRC, isn't red supposed to be one of the more popular favorite colors? I mean, they made all black jerseys a few years ago. I don't think that this is far from that at all. I really don't understand why people hate fashion gear. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Nvm

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks like the Lions are using two different types of practice jersey this year.

matthew-stafford.jpg

The number's obscured, but it's definitely the Lions' new font, unlike the block number shown here.

slideshow_1059380_215421_Lions_Stafford_Footb.jpg

But it still isn't as detailed at the fashion "practice" jersey.

p6330975dt.jpg

Which begs the question: WTF? :huh:

Back in mini camp, they were still using last years, but they had the new ones, with the font and collar of the new jerseys, at the start of training camp.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Oh, please. At least they didn't just copy some popular team's jersey cut and use it for every team's "practice jerseys".

p6330975dt.jpg

p1490432dt.jpg

I just love the NFL for spewing out this garbage all the time. The worst part is that people are often times stupid enough to support it.

I first discovered this last year when I wore the Aaron Rodgers practice jersey my mom got me for christmas (directly from the Lambeau Field no less) to a sports bar where my cousin and some of his boys were watching the Packers-Lions game. One of the guys in the group said "hey... nice Aaron Rodgers Giants jersey"... I knew the blue trim by the nfl equipment patch looked peculiar.

oh well... at least mine doesn't have the sleeve logos.

The only use I'd potentially have for an NFL logo in my bathroom is a Patriots logo at the bottom of my toilet.

I had that at my last house, but it was with the Duke logo. Worked out really well, and it was surpassingly easy to do.

I am so doing this with a New York Yankees logo. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

so if they do this for all of the teams then what color will the Kurt Warner jersey be for the Cardinals?

It seems a few other teams wear non-red QB practice jerseys, if there primary color is red:

Redskins:

capt.68c8e1a4abb14f479d79d18fbe8fec6e.redskins_camp_football_vaev112.jpg

49ers:

392-6S3ALEXSMITH.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.JPG

Chiefs:

capt.15196bcf026b4828b6c401ee5056e52f.chiefs_camp_football_wiow105.jpg

Bucs:

capt.dfe8767b7ec848259c1e93b90b0e08a3.buccaneers_camp_football_flsn133.jpg

I can't find anything for the Cardinals. Maybe they don't have anything special.

These red jerseys were real popular here in Baltimore last season. I think part of the popularity was that it was a Joe Flacco jersey. I thought the same thing as alot of other people when I say them, who would want one. But I guess its better than the black fashion jerseys, since teams actually wear these.

so if they do this for all of the teams then what color will the Kurt Warner jersey be for the Cardinals?

I can't find anything for the Cardinals. Maybe they don't have anything special.

Cardinal QBs wear the same practice unis as the rest of the team.

Why not just use an alternate color for the qb's?

Some teams do. The Bengals and Bears (I think) use orange, while their regular jerseys are black and navy, respectively. Obviously, we've seen in this thread that the Redskins and KC use yellow.

I'd think that you'd want to use bright-fluorescent colors, just to make it so that the defensive players don't even have to think for a split second before deciding to squash the QB or not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived