England Monarchs

Davidson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm. im just not feeling the eye at all. i think it breaks up the consistency of the line width and takes away something from his expression.

I agree, the logo loses something when you add the eye to it. It seems to lose some of it's mystique and timeless statue quality when you add the eye, not to mention it looks a bit too much like Mufasa from the Lion King.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I love the final regardless, but ever since the laughing thing was mentioned I cant look at it without seeing the lion with a humble grin on his face.

The eye made it look menacing. I liked that. Thought it was perfect before, but after seeing the eye, it seems weaker without it.

Absolutely love that helmet, but I'm surprised no one has said anything about the lion's expression. The lack of any white in the eye might imply a closed eye, and the shape/orientation of the eye along with the Cheshire Cat grin make this lion appear to me as if it's hysterically laughing, which may or may not be appropriate for a football team. I don't know what your intention was, so I'll let you be the judge of that, but I thought I should point it out.

yeah i take your point but i dont really see it as laughing. the upturned cheeks look more feline than smiling in my opinion. i can see what you mean tho so i have made a minor amend, with regards to the eyes, i really dont think its necessary to actually craw them out. below are some eyes i drew early on. im just no a fan. at the bottom is the final thing i think.

monarch_choices.png

monarch_final.png

monarchs_uniforms.png

I have loved this look since you debuted it, however, I have a question.

Why this finished one? You did a great uniform mockup earlier in the thread using the Union Jack as the lion's mane on the helmet. So, I'm just curious why you changed the colors for the final logo you picked? Has there ever been a team that does that?

• 2 weeks later...

check out what that genius logoman has done:

FDMONARCHSHELMET.png

FDMONARCHSHELMETFULLSIZE.png

OMG! That's incredible!

I'd love to know how he managed to produce that it's sweet. I'd love to see how the whole thing would have looked on a gold helmet as well, as that was the original colour of helmets the Monarchs used and think it would look great and really make the white in the Union Jack parts of the design really stand out.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

check out what that genius logoman has done:

FDMONARCHSHELMET.png

FDMONARCHSHELMETFULLSIZE.png

Either they need to put American football in the Olympics just so Great Britian can sport these, or some football team needs to change their name to the Monarchs so they can wear this beauty or.....SOMEONE just needs to sport this. To have it just sit there is a waste of an AWESOME design concept and execution.

We are boys in the presence of men (in logo concept terms).

Either they need to put American football in the Olympics just so Great Britian can sport these, or some football team needs to change their name to the Monarchs so they can wear this beauty or.....SOMEONE just needs to sport this. To have it just sit there is a waste of an AWESOME design concept and execution.

We are boys in the presence of men (in logo concept terms).

I said right near the start of the thread that Davidson should really think about changing the wordmark to Lions and try pitching it the GB National team. Sure we only have Amateur Football over here but the national team is pretty good and play all over Europe and I cant believe for one second they (or any other team in Europe) would have a national identity that striking!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived