Interesting New Jersey Nets promotion

roxfan00

Nets Try To Trick Fans Into Wearing Nets Gear

By Barry Petchesky, 2:30 AM on Thu Aug 13 2009, 5,803 views

Want season tickets to see the Nets? No, of course you don't. Will some Nets jerseys sweeten the deal? Still no, huh. OK, how about jerseys of the best players on other teams. Yes, it's that desperate at the Meadowlands...

Deadspin.com

Picture_1_03.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Is it actually considered reversible if no one ever flips it to the Nets side?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

This is hilarious. At least it would be if I did not think the T-Wolves are putting the same promotion together as we speak. Pryzbilla on one side, big Al on the other.

I don't know if I saw this elsewhere here, but on SportsNation last night, they said the Nets are dropping "New Jersey" from their road jersey and replacing with "Nets." The implication was that it was to disassociate with a less-than-cosmopolitan place. But I suspect it's an early step in the move to Brooklyn.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This reminds me of the promotional campaign trotted out by the Bulls a few years ago, back when they were soul-suckingly awful instead of just easy-to-ignore bad. The ads basically boiled down to "Come see the NBA's biggest and brightest stars play at the United Center (while they throttle the Bulls by 30 on a nightly basis)!"

It's an excellent way to establish that your team has absolutely no hope of being good before the first tip-off of the season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Buy the package, get the jerseys, cut them in half, then sew yourself up a Garnett-Wade and a Lebron-Kobe reversible jersey! Dwight Howard can hang on your wall as a flag, and the Nets can be used any number of ways, such as:

-dish rags

-chamois for your car

-toilet paper substitute

-pet bed matress filler

-hanky

-etc.

Buy the package, get the jerseys, cut them in half, then sew yourself up a Garnett-Wade and a Lebron-Kobe reversible jersey! Dwight Howard can hang on your wall as a flag, and the Nets can be used any number of ways, such as:

-dish rags

-chamois for your car

-toilet paper substitute

-pet bed matress filler

-hanky

-etc.

"....and if you call in the next 20 minutes, because we can't do this all day, we'll include a SECOND jersey at no cost. Just pay processing"

If it wasn't for Bruce Ratner buying the team, gutting it so he could move them to Brooklyn, then being unable to move the team to Brooklyn, the Nets would have decent mid-level attendence. As it is, they turned into the Nets that no one cares about again, and the franchise has slipped into the shadows of the NBA.

...and with the Knicks producing nothing but suck, what an opportunity wasted...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I just can't get over you also get a 4 week subscription to the NY Post! WOW! What a deal! Toss in some Yanni or John Tesh tickets and I am as good as gold.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This reminds me of the promotional campaign trotted out by the Bulls a few years ago, back when they were soul-suckingly awful instead of just easy-to-ignore bad. The ads basically boiled down to "Come see the NBA's biggest and brightest stars play at the United Center (while they throttle the Bulls by 30 on a nightly basis)!"

It's an excellent way to establish that your team has absolutely no hope of being good before the first tip-off of the season.

Replace "United" with "Bradley" and almost word-for-word you have every Bucks season ticket pitch since George Karl arranged the worst trades this side of Dan Devine and John Hadl.

In fact, I fully expect the Bucks to make a Michael Redd/Dwayne Wade jersey... they've probably made more money off D.Wade's "homecomings" than they've made off of anyone actually signed to their roster during that time.

If it wasn't for Bruce Ratner buying the team, gutting it so he could move them to Brooklyn, then being unable to move the team to Brooklyn, the Nets would have decent mid-level attendence. As it is, they turned into the Nets that no one cares about again, and the franchise has slipped into the shadows of the NBA.

You can't blame Ratner for all those empty seats during the 2002 Finals.

Archived