Calgary Flames Logos

Bmac

For my NHL 3rd Jersey Project, I am working on a new design for the Calgary Flames. The jersey colors and design are already complete. I just need to add logos. I wanted to get some feedback on the logos before I added them. The first logo is to be used as the main crest on the front of the jersey. It is the flaming C logo combined with the Calgary tower. The second logo is to be used as the shoulder patch. It is the shape of Alberta with the flaming C where Calgary is located and the Flames wordmark. I would love some feedback on these so I can make sure they are ready to add to jerseys.

flameslogo1.png

flameslogo2.png

Good start but I would suggest putting the Calgary Tower behind the C, but great idea the Calgary Flames are easily the hardest team to try and design an Alternate logo for if you want to get a way from making a flaming horse.

ย 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

ย 

The tower is really forced upon the C.

I'd just focus on the tower and try to create a totally unique logo from scratch. Maybe find a way to combine the tower, the skyline, flames, and other Calgary & Flames' symbols.

It looks too much like the C.N. Tower so I don't know how that would work in Calgary.

It was going to say that it looks like the CN Tower because it is the CN Tower, but on further inspection, I don't know what tower it is. But it sure ain't the Calgary Tower.

The Calgary Tower looks like this:

calgary_tower.jpg

I agree with Cola that the tower-C looks really forced and just tacked on. And the outline of Alberta with the wordmark and the flaming C denoting Calgary's location just doesn't work either. There's way too much unused, negative space there. I think you've got to go back to the drawing board on these.

I agree on the Tower bit--the logo looks more like the CN tower.

try redrawing the tower without the C and go from there.

It can be done, as Phil did an unsolicited logo for me years ago when I was a charter member of the NABA fantasy league here and my team was the Calgary Towers.

I dropped out after 2 years as basketball wasn't really my thing--but the logo incorporated a C and the tower--just not a flaming C--still it can be done.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived