Embroidered Imaging - Requests?

Patchez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patchez did you ever get both Arsenal crests done? Cheers mate

I'm sorry, I cannot do those two

No worries Patchez...how come you cannot do the two Arsenal patches?

Size and resolution too low for the amount of detail in them

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I have to ask, Patchez, is the kink in the bottom left corner of the WACA logo meant to be where the embroidery seams meet up? :)

Yeah, that's right!

Naw... in the process of converting your bitmapped image to a vector, at times the image is distorted.

Sometimes I catch those things and fix them, and sometimes I don't.

In this case I built the black border by expanding the yellow part, which had a slight bump which was amplified.

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Wow, you have to convert everything first?

I like that the three stumps on the swans back are embroidered lines, I thought you may have just blended it in with the rest of the yellow, but your way shows them up better.

It is NOT an automatic process to create this embroidered effect.

First i convert the bitmapped design to vectors in Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Pro.

Depending on the size and resolution, here is where there can be loss of detail or other defects introduced.

Then I manually divide the various shapes into (IMO) logical pieces with the plan for what type of stitching I will apply later.

In the case of the three lines on the swan, I didn't see it as the swan was behind part of the background.

Some designs will never look good in an embroidered state. All sports logos should be designed with embroidery in mind in my opinion

since they all end up on uniforms or memorabilia of various sorts. If a logo has any gradients in it, the designer should allow for an

alternative look since gradients look like crap in embroidery (like Miami Heat and the first Tampa Ray Devils logos)

I then save the vectors as an early version of Illustrator for the next step.

After rebooting my MacBook to Windows, I open the Illustrator vectors in Corel Draw only to export it has a Corel Exchange format file.

Opening this file in Corel DraWings I assign the various stitching which I prefer to the different pieces of the design.

At this point I can optionally export a file for submission to an embroiderer like "Lids" to have a cap made with that design.

But for the purpose of this thread, I export the bitmapped "proof" to a .png file.

Finally I return to the Mac side of my computer to use Photoshop to clean up the image to finalize it for posting as a .jpg.

curve_zpsff7b2262.jpg

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Well that's a helluva process, great work! The two white seams on the cricket ball and the three yellow stumps on the swan stand out really well.

Are you ever concerned that the jpeg format can cause compression issues?

I only wish these patches were real! :grin:

bef9f409-173d-42e4-83c3-0dfb0596cf6e_zps56f6504c-a533-4b0a-a54f-0a17bc034a3c_zps

Archived